New Guardian article

Tom Holden

Re: New Guardian article

Cormac Lawler
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Tom Holden <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/aug/12/wikipedia-deletionist-inclu
sionist

Interesting article - particularly in light of recent comments on this list!

Ed Chi's comments are particularly interesting - that newcomers find it increasingly difficult to become established - and seems to be a reversal of what he concludes in [1]. (Other papers listed at [2].) I'll be interested to read the upcoming WikiSym paper, which I presume details this research in more detail.

Don't really get JonAwbrey's comment underneath the (Guardian) article, but then again, I rarely get what he says. ;-)

Cormac

Re: New Guardian article

Tom Holden

There’s a further post on the Guardian technology blog about this here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/aug/13/wikipedia-edits

Re: New Guardian article

Mike Peel
It's also in today's Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/wikipedia/6020775/Wikipedia-
growth-slowing-as-it-reaches-3-million-articles.html

Mike

On 13 Aug 2009, at 13:10, Tom Holden wrote:

> There‚Äôs a further post on the Guardian technology blog about this
> here:
>

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/aug/13/wikipedia-edits

Re: New Guardian article

Gordon Joly
"Swartz's experience certainly correlates with the figures unearthed
by Parc, even if his attitude is not shared by everyone."

PARC not "Parc", please! Could Bobbie Johnson check his speeling? PLEESE?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PARC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PARC_%28company%29

http://www.parc.com/

Gordo