New Proposal

Bjwebb67
I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing, but I'm posting here to tell you about the new proposal:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_new_projects#Rodovid.org

for http://rodovid.org

Re: New Proposal

Mark Evans-3
Your project sound like a great idea. I didn't look to far into it,
but you might want to check out a similar project called wikitree:
http://www.wikitree.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Also, you will have a number of privacy issues to deal with here. In
many countries, it is illegal to store/publish a lot of the data you
have of living persons. You can look at the way wikitree has been
dealing with these issues at:
http://www.wikitree.org/index.php?title=WikiTree:Treehouse/Privacy

Best of luck with the project

> I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing, but I'm posting here to tell you about the new proposal:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_new_projects#Rodovid.org
>
> for http://rodovid.org

Re: New Proposal

Christian Thiele
Hi,

Mark Evans <[hidden email]> schrieb am Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:12:43
+0100:

> Your project sound like a great idea. I didn't look to far into it,
> but you might want to check out a similar project called wikitree:
> http://www.wikitree.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

I think the whole idea of wikitree and rodovid.org is great. The problem
on wikitree is, that the data is on normal wiki pages and so very
unusable. I like the software rodovid.org uses, because it stores real
data and bases on MediaWiki. I think to have such a project under
Wikimedia would be great, because noone has a profit of many projects
collecting the same data and I know that there are a lot of people, who
like this idea but hadn't the software to do this til now.

Sincerelly
Christian Thiele

--
Christian Thiele - de:User:APPER
Member of the board of Wikimedia Germany