New committer

Sumana Harihareswara-2
Robert Vogel (rvogel, User:Osnard) is a web developer at Hallo Welt! and
works on WindowsAzureSDK, WindowsAzureStorage, ClientSyntaxHighlighter,
BibManager, and (probably soon) PagedTiffHandler.  He's receiving
extensions access.

Welcome, Robert!

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator

Re: New committer

Markus Glaser
Hi Robert,

glad to see you around!

Cheers,
Markus

Re: New committer

Danny Joe Bauch
Welcome, Robert!
You and I should be crossing paths. I have everything working through
version 1.18 on Windows Azure, except for the media storage. Right
this moment I am trying to figure out how to get my code committed,
but I have been struggling with setting up the Subversion access from
my Windows 7 box. Any hints or pointers on how to set things up may
help me transition from a potential to an actual contributer.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Sumana Harihareswara
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Robert Vogel (rvogel, User:Osnard) is a web developer at Hallo Welt! and
> works on WindowsAzureSDK, WindowsAzureStorage, ClientSyntaxHighlighter,
> BibManager, and (probably soon) PagedTiffHandler.  He's receiving
> extensions access.
>
> Welcome, Robert!
>
> --
> Sumana Harihareswara
> Volunteer Development Coordinator
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: New committer

Markus Glaser
Hi DJ Bauch,

I had some trouble with TortoiseSVN and pageant recently after updating SVN to 1.7 (and the new svn format) on Win7. The solution for me was to update pageant to a current version (I think it was 0.62). Maybe this helps you as well?

Regards,
Markus

You and I should be crossing paths. I have everything working through version 1.18 on Windows Azure, except for the media storage. Right this moment I am trying to figure out how to get my code committed, but I have been struggling with setting up the Subversion access from my Windows 7 box. Any hints or pointers on how to set things up may help me transition from a potential to an actual contributer.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Sumana Harihareswara <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Robert Vogel (rvogel, User:Osnard) is a web developer at Hallo Welt!
> and works on WindowsAzureSDK, WindowsAzureStorage,
> ClientSyntaxHighlighter, BibManager, and (probably soon)
> PagedTiffHandler.  He's receiving extensions access.
>
> Welcome, Robert!
>
> --
> Sumana Harihareswara
> Volunteer Development Coordinator
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: New committer

Platonides
On 11/01/12 18:25, DJ Bauch wrote:
> Welcome, Robert!
> You and I should be crossing paths. I have everything working through
> version 1.18 on Windows Azure, except for the media storage. Right
> this moment I am trying to figure out how to get my code committed,
> but I have been struggling with setting up the Subversion access from
> my Windows 7 box. Any hints or pointers on how to set things up may
> help me transition from a potential to an actual contributer.

So, what are you trying to do? The cli or soething else?, did you read [1]?
You will need to use plink on windows to make the ssh tunnel, pageant is
recommended but not required (unless it's a plink with no console?).

Take a look at [2].

1-http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Commit_access#Getting_started_and_set_up
2-http://agateau.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/windows-svnssh-and-the-subversion-command-line-client/

Re: New committer

Danny Joe Bauch
I will be trying again tonight. I got some hints from Ben Lobaugh. It
looks like the problem I've been having is that I was using the host
name in conjunction with my svn+ssh connection attempt, when I should
have been using the name of my PuTTY session.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Platonides <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/01/12 18:25, DJ Bauch wrote:
>> Welcome, Robert!
>> You and I should be crossing paths. I have everything working through
>> version 1.18 on Windows Azure, except for the media storage. Right
>> this moment I am trying to figure out how to get my code committed,
>> but I have been struggling with setting up the Subversion access from
>> my Windows 7 box. Any hints or pointers on how to set things up may
>> help me transition from a potential to an actual contributer.
>
> So, what are you trying to do? The cli or soething else?, did you read [1]?
> You will need to use plink on windows to make the ssh tunnel, pageant is
> recommended but not required (unless it's a plink with no console?).
>
> Take a look at [2].
>
> 1-http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Commit_access#Getting_started_and_set_up
> 2-http://agateau.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/windows-svnssh-and-the-subversion-command-line-client/

Re: New committer

Robert Vogel-8
Hi DJ and hi everybody!

Thanks for the warm welcome :), and DJ thanks for your hints/questions concerning SVN. I am quite busy at the moment so I did not set up my SVN client (Tortoise) for the MW repo yet. But I hope to get it done next week.

Afterwards I will start adding some of the announced extensions. The Azure stuff is already in SVN. Markus committed it.

I am very excited about your Azure extensions. You said you had everything working with MW 1.18 except the media storage? As far as I know you work on the database abstraction layer for Azure SQL. Is that right? So with the file backend we should have a complete "Azure bundle", shouldn't we?

--
Robert Vogel
Social Web Technologien

______________________________

Untere Bachgasse 15
93047 Regensburg

Tel.  +49 (0) 941 - 66 0 80 - 198
Fax   +49 (0) 941 - 66 0 80 - 189

www.hallowelt.biz
[hidden email]

Sitz: Regensburg
Amtsgericht: Regensburg
Handelsregister: HRB 10467
E.USt.Nr.: DE 253050833
I will be trying again tonight. I got some hints from Ben Lobaugh. It
looks like the problem I've been having is that I was using the host
name in conjunction with my svn+ssh connection attempt, when I should
have been using the name of my PuTTY session.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Platonides <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/01/12 18:25, DJ Bauch wrote:
>> Welcome, Robert!
>> You and I should be crossing paths. I have everything working through
>> version 1.18 on Windows Azure, except for the media storage. Right
>> this moment I am trying to figure out how to get my code committed,
>> but I have been struggling with setting up the Subversion access from
>> my Windows 7 box. Any hints or pointers on how to set things up may
>> help me transition from a potential to an actual contributer.
>
> So, what are you trying to do? The cli or soething else?, did you read [1]?
> You will need to use plink on windows to make the ssh tunnel, pageant is
> recommended but not required (unless it's a plink with no console?).
>
> Take a look at [2].
>
> 1-http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Commit_access#Getting_started_and_set_up
> 2-http://agateau.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/windows-svnssh-and-the-subversion-command-line-client/

Re: New committer

Danny Joe Bauch
Yes. The database abstraction layer is working. A bug in the MS SQL
driver prevents viewing of pages 2-x of some special pages (like "Most
Wanted Templates", etc.), but page 1 of each of those comes up fine.
The problem is that scrollable cursors are being demoted to
forward-only cursors for queries using CTEs. I would expect this to
change in a future release of the drivers or I will have to come up
with a workaround. The other notable issue is that pages for oddball
characters like "fleur-de-lis" and "happy face" (single character page
names) get confused with one another. I haven't had the spare time to
figure out ways to address these yet. I have about a six-week period
in which I have another project that is consuming all of my time for
what would otherwise be working on the Azure code.