New huge missing entries list: over 300,000 entries

New huge missing entries list: over 300,000 entries

Brian-56
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Brian0918/Hotlist

I've created an "English Dictionary Hotlist" of over 300,000 entries as
part of [[Wiktionary:Requested articles]]. Please read the guidelines
before getting involved in the list. I have a lot of experience with
this from the Wikipedia equivalent at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Missing_encyclopedic_articles
.

If you are worried about copyright violations, don't be. Problems of the
exact same nature occurred on the English Wikipedia several months ago,
and the opinions of both juriwiki and the foundation were that indexes
of multiple encyclopedias, if mixed together, would not create a
copyright violation. Unless you are a legal expert, please investigate
the history of the other mixed lists (linked below) before coming to a
different conclusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_encyclopedia_topics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Missing_encyclopedic_articles/Hot

brian0918

Re: New huge missing entries list: over 300, 000 entries

Angela-5
On 1/5/06, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you are worried about copyright violations, don't be. Problems of the
> exact same nature occurred on the English Wikipedia several months ago,
> and the opinions of both juriwiki and the foundation were that indexes
> of multiple encyclopedias, if mixed together, would not create a
> copyright violation.

There was never any Foundation decision made about this. Individual
members of the Foundation might have expressed an opinion one way or
the other (and as far as I know, the members of the board are not in
agreement about whether this constitutes a copyright violation), but
please don't present it as a Foundation opinion. The Foundation does
not give legal advice.

Angela

Re: New huge missing entries list: over 300, 000 entries

Ray Saintonge
Brian wrote:

> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Brian0918/Hotlist
>
> I've created an "English Dictionary Hotlist" of over 300,000 entries
> as part of [[Wiktionary:Requested articles]]. Please read the
> guidelines before getting involved in the list. I have a lot of
> experience with this from the Wikipedia equivalent at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Missing_encyclopedic_articles
> .

Why didn't you jusst merge it with [[Wiktionary:English index]] which
serves the same purpose. I don't see the point of having two or more
such lists.

Ec