New in the Python Wikipediabot framework

New in the Python Wikipediabot framework

Andre Engels
Although we have been asked not to make any major changes because
Yurik is planning to move us from CVS to SVN,  there still are some
recent changes to the Python Wikipediabot framework. Here is what has
been changed in the last month:

* A new bot templatecount.py that counts or shows the inclusions of a template
* interwiki.py now has the option -new which lets it run over the
pages in [[Special:Newpages]]
* catall.py can now show the text of pages either through gui or
through console, whichever is preferred
* In movepages.py you can now choose to append something to the
pagename rather than give the complete new pagename
* When the page the bot works on is blocked by the spamfilter, it does not retry
* The command-line option -name for interwiki.py is deprecated

And furthermore there's the usual mixed material:
* Many bugfixes
* a few localization issues (namespaces, redirect text)
* a number of localized summary texts for various languages and bots

--
Andre Engels, [hidden email]
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels

Re: [pyWikipediaBot-users] New in the Python Wikipediabot framework

Andre Engels
2006/10/16, Ben McIlwain <[hidden email]>:

> Andre Engels wrote:
> > Here is what has been changed in the last month:
> > [...]
> > * When the page the bot works on is blocked by the spamfilter, it does
> not retry
>
> I'm thinking this may be responsible for a recent error I had, then.  I
> was running the category bot on a category that had many included pages.
> Somewhere along the middle it hit a spamfilter error and then stopped
> completely, rather than finishing up the rest of the pages that didn't
> get spamfilter errors.  Is there any reason that hitting a spamfilter
> should interrupt the entire run rather than just going on to the next one?

Could you please specify a command that will (preferably a bit quickly) lead
to this behaviour? I'd like to see what's going wrong myself, that makes
debugging a lot easier.

--
Andre Engels, [hidden email]
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels