New install problem on Win2K

Jay Blanchard-2
Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Not supported in multithreaded Web servers -
use extension=mysql.so in your php.ini in
E:\www\webroot\wiki\install-utils.inc on line 17
Could not load MySQL driver! Please compile php --with-mysql or install the
mysql.so module.

I have MySQL and PHP running on this box already;

Apache 2.0
PHP 5.0.5
MySQL 4.1.14

Can someone give me shove in the right direction here? Thanks!

Re: New install problem on Win2K

Brion Vibber
Jay Blanchard wrote:
> Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Not supported in multithreaded Web servers -
> use extension=mysql.so in your php.ini in
> E:\www\webroot\wiki\install-utils.inc on line 17
> Could not load MySQL driver! Please compile php --with-mysql or install the
> mysql.so module.
[snip]
> Can someone give me shove in the right direction here? Thanks!

See the PHP installation documentation for details of how to enable modules.

-- brion vibber (brioN @ pobox.com)

RE: New install problem on Win2K

Jay Blanchard-2
I enabled the proper modules and still no joy. I have read all of the
installation docs, including the windblows instructions (I am not using
these servers by choice, that's for sure). Sinceit is PHP5 does MediaWiki
try to reference the mysqli functions?

Jay Blanchard wrote:
> I enabled the proper modules and still no joy. I have read all of the
> installation docs, including the windblows instructions (I am not using
> these servers by choice, that's for sure). Sinceit is PHP5 does MediaWiki
> try to reference the mysqli functions?

No, we use the mysql module like everyone else.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: New install problem on Win2K

Rob Church
Note that PHP 5 is not compiled with MySQL support. You need to
specifically enable the MySQL extension module. This is a simple thing
to do; just uncomment the relevant lines in PHP.ini and check the
extensions path.

MySQLi is something completely different.

Rob Church

> Jay Blanchard wrote:
> > Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Not supported in multithreaded Web servers -
> > use extension=mysql.so in your php.ini in
> > E:\www\webroot\wiki\install-utils.inc on line 17
> > Could not load MySQL driver! Please compile php --with-mysql or install the
> > mysql.so module.
> [snip]
> > Can someone give me shove in the right direction here? Thanks!
>
> See the PHP installation documentation for details of how to enable modules.
>
> -- brion vibber (brioN @ pobox.com)

RE: New install problem on Win2K

Jay Blanchard-2
[snip]
Note that PHP 5 is not compiled with MySQL support. You need to
specifically enable the MySQL extension module. This is a simple thing
to do; just uncomment the relevant lines in PHP.ini and check the
extensions path.

MySQLi is something completely different.
[/snip]

Two things....
1. Uncommented line
2. Never try to install over RDC...it doesn't work. Went to the data center
and had the wiki running in under 5 minutes. *duh*

RE: New install problem on Win2K

Jay Blanchard-2
Brion,

Your e-mail always arrives as an attachment with a txt file. What's up with
that?

Jay

Re: New install problem on Win2K

Rick DeNatale
On 1/31/06, Jay Blanchard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Brion,
>
> Your e-mail always arrives as an attachment with a txt file. What's up with
> that?

It's his GPG cryptographic signature. Either your mail client doesn't
support signatures or it's not configured to use them.
--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/