New research: predicting whether (and why) a Wikipedia sentence needs a citation

New research: predicting whether (and why) a Wikipedia sentence needs a citation

Jonathan Morgan
Hi all,

Miriam Redi and I just published a blog post summarizing some of our recent
research using machine learning to detect sentences that need citations, as
well as the reason why a citation is likely necessary for that sentence.

Read the blog post (high-level summary) here
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/2019/04/03/can-machine-learning-uncover-wikipedias-missing-citation-needed-tags/>,
wade into the details here
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Identification_of_Unsourced_Statements>,
and ask questions and provide feedback here
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research_talk:Identification_of_Unsourced_Statements>
.

Thanks,
Jonathan