New scoring models deployed

Adam Wight-2
Friends,

This is a Scoring Platform technical update for the last couple of weeks of
work.

*Deployments*
We completed a biweekly deployment today, adding models for quite a few new
wikis.  Congratulations, and a big thank you to everyone who helped us
coordinate and gather the data to accomplish this!

Epic: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T170485

*New models*

   - Albanian Wikipedia: new models for reverted, damaging, and goodfaith.

   - Bengali Wikipedia: new model for reverted.

   - Greek Wikipedia: new model for reverted.

   - Tamil Wikipedia: new model for reverted.

   - Romanian Wikipedia: new models for damaging and goodfaith.

   - Turkish Wikipedia: fixes to the article quality model ("wp10") (
   https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T170838 )

*Service updates*

   - Switched precaching from RCStream (deprecated) to new EventStreams,
   https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T166046

   - Better error handling for bad API params,
   https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T168920

   - Patched a DoS caused by a combination of bad regex and inadequate
   timeout code.  Incident:
   https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incident_documentation/20170623-ORES

Note that Albanian and Romanian Wikipedias will soon support ORES in their
Recent Changes feeds.  Subscribe to
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T170723 for updates.

Regards,
Adam

Re: New scoring models deployed

Strainu
>    - Romanian Wikipedia: new models for damaging and goodfaith.

According to https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/ , ro.wiki also has
a model for reverted. Could you confirm that?

Thanks,
   Strainu

Re: New scoring models deployed

Amir Tafreshi
Yes but it's less accurate. See:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/ai/2017-July/000192.html

Best

On 21 July 2017 at 18:33, Strainu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >    - Romanian Wikipedia: new models for damaging and goodfaith.
>
> According to https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/ , ro.wiki also has
> a model for reverted. Could you confirm that?
>
> Thanks,
>    Strainu

Amir Sarabadani Tafreshi
Software Engineer (contractor)