News feed

Steve-432
Hi, I do not know if anyone else has said but you news feed (RSS) is not working as it used to.   You do not get the list of news items just the option to 'Open Wikinews'.

Thanks,

Steve

Re: News feed

brian.mcneil-2
On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 19:31 +0000, Steve wrote:
> Hi, I do not know if anyone else has said but you news feed (RSS) is
> not working as it used to.   You do not get the list of news items
> just the option to 'Open Wikinews'.
>
> Thanks,

Steve, thanks for letting us know. We had already noticed there was a
problem with the RSS feed. Someone is looking into getting it fixed.
Longer-term Wikinews hopes to stop using feedburner and start using an
in-house solution for RSS.

You may need to check the front page of http://en.wikinews.org to see
any announcement on the feed change but, hopefully, the existing RSS
feed will be fixed shortly.

Oh, and wikinews-l is a mailing list where you need to be subscribed, or
your email address whitelisted; hence the slow response to your query.

--
Brian McNeil <[hidden email]>|http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil
Content of this message in no way represents the opinions or official position

Re: News feed

brian.mcneil-2
Steve,

It's actually great to hear someone missing it (you weren't the only one
worried).

That's English Wikinews available again via RSS, Twitter, and Facebook.

Please consider making use of the social bookmarks available at the foot
of published articles; Wikinews has an advertising budget of, ...
er, ... zero dollars. We rely on readers to pick stories their friends
might find interesting and promote us via word of mouth.

Several of the other language editions of Wikinews also offer RSS feeds
- the first on that springs to mind is French Wikinews but, I believe,
some of the Eastern-European language versions also have feeds.