Quantcast

News regarding Wikimania 2018

Ellie Young

All,

On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation,  I am pleased to announce that we have decided to explore having Wikimania  2018 located in Cape Town, South Africa. It would be hosted by a team led Douglas Scott with support of the Wikimedia ZA chapter and the WMF. The proposal will be further vetted by the WMF staff in the coming months, after which time we hope to confirm the award.

This past Fall there were a total of four teams that expressed interest in hosting in 2018.   We would also like to thank the people from South Africa, Armenia, Thailand, and Perth for all their effort in putting together materials for our consideration and their time spent discussing the possibilities.   As a volunteer-led movement, it is very  encouraging to have so many who want to support Wikimania.

Please join us in congratulating the South African team.   If any of you would like to get involved or have questions/suggestions, please contact Douglas Scott  [hidden email]

Sincerely,

Ellie Young

WMF Events Manager

On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee and Wikimedia Foundation

​

Re: [Wikimedia-l] News regarding Wikimania 2018

Christophe Henner-3
Congratulations everyone :)

Le 10 janv. 2017 11:24 AM, "James Heilman" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
A big congratulations to Douglas and looking forwards to coming to South
Africa in 2018 :-)

James

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation,
>  I am pleased to announce that we have decided to explore having Wikimania
>  2018 located in Cape Town, South Africa. It would be hosted by a team
> <http://wikimedia.org.za/wiki/Wikimania_2018_team> led Douglas Scott with
> support of the Wikimedia ZA chapter and the WMF. The proposal will be
> further vetted by the WMF staff in the coming months, after which time we
> hope to confirm the award.
>
> This past Fall there were a total of four teams
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2018> that expressed interest
> in
> hosting in 2018.   We would also like to thank the people from South
> Africa, Armenia, Thailand, and Perth for all their effort in putting
> together materials for our consideration and their time spent discussing
> the possibilities.   As a volunteer-led movement, it is very  encouraging
> to have so many who want to support Wikimania.
>
> Please join us in congratulating the South African team.   If any of you
> would like to get involved or have questions/suggestions, please
> contact Douglas
> Scott  [hidden email]
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Ellie Young
>
> WMF Events Manager
>
> On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee and Wikimedia Foundation
>
> ​

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

Re: [Wmfall] [Wikimedia-l] News regarding Wikimania 2018

Katherine Maher
Very exciting! Can't wait to see everyone in Cape Town.

A big thank you to those who submitted considerations from Yerevan, Perth, and Bangkok!

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Christophe Henner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations everyone :)

Le 10 janv. 2017 11:24 AM, "James Heilman" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
A big congratulations to Douglas and looking forwards to coming to South
Africa in 2018 :-)

James

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation,
>  I am pleased to announce that we have decided to explore having Wikimania
>  2018 located in Cape Town, South Africa. It would be hosted by a team
> <http://wikimedia.org.za/wiki/Wikimania_2018_team> led Douglas Scott with
> support of the Wikimedia ZA chapter and the WMF. The proposal will be
> further vetted by the WMF staff in the coming months, after which time we
> hope to confirm the award.
>
> This past Fall there were a total of four teams
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2018> that expressed interest
> in
> hosting in 2018.   We would also like to thank the people from South
> Africa, Armenia, Thailand, and Perth for all their effort in putting
> together materials for our consideration and their time spent discussing
> the possibilities.   As a volunteer-led movement, it is very  encouraging
> to have so many who want to support Wikimania.
>
> Please join us in congratulating the South African team.   If any of you
> would like to get involved or have questions/suggestions, please
> contact Douglas
> Scott  [hidden email]
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Ellie Young
>
> WMF Events Manager
>
> On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee and Wikimedia Foundation
>
> ​

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

Katherine Maher

Wikimedia Foundation
149 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94105

+1 (415) 839-6885 ext. 6635
+1 (415) 712 4873

Re: [Wikimedia-l] News regarding Wikimania 2018

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
many thanks for your hard work and - yay, this is really exciting!

dj

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Ellie Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
i grupy badawczej NeRDS
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
http://nwrds.kozminski.edu.pl

członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk

Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Recenzje