Newuserlog error

Invalid Name
Hello, I've tried adding the Newuserlog extension to http://tolkiengateway.net and it shows up in Special:Version along with all the hooks, the log is present in Special:Log but whenever someone registers they get the following error message:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

INSERT INTO `logging` (log_type,log_action,log_timestamp,log_user,log_namespace,log_title,log_comment,log_params) VALUES ('newusers','newusers','20060423230519','257','-1','Userlogin','New user ([[User talk:Test123|Talk]] | [[Special:Contributions/Test123|contribs]] | [[Special:Blockip/Test123|block]])','')
from within function "LogPage::saveContent". MySQL returned error "0: ".

The weird part is when I copied the code and inserted it into MySQL manually it worked fine, and the user showed up in the Special:Log/newuser I'm unsure where the conflict is between MySQL and MW but any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Hyarion

Re: Newuserlog error

Elliott F. Cable
I talked with hyarion on MSN, and we figured it out - he was trying
to install an old version of the newuserlog file from the old CVS
repository. In the process, we came over something interesting - the
version of newuserlog in SVN won't work with the standard
downloadable distribution of 1.6.3 now. Two changes are necessary:

On line 54, change:
        function wfNewuserlogHook( $user ) {
to...
        function wfNewuserlogHook() {

Then, on line 57, change:
                if( is_null( $user ) ) {
to...
                if( !$user ) {

Once those two are done, it shouldn't throw anymore errors with
1.6.3! This is with the version from SVN as of April 22nd, just so
you know (-;

On Apr 23, 2006, at 3:34 PM, Invalid Name wrote:

> Hello, I've tried adding the Newuserlog extension to http://
> tolkiengateway.net and it shows up in Special:Version along with
> all the hooks, the log is present in Special:Log but whenever
> someone registers they get the following error message:
>
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug
> in the software. The last attempted database query was:
>
> INSERT INTO `logging`
> (log_type,log_action,log_timestamp,log_user,log_namespace,log_title,lo
> g_comment,log_params) VALUES
> ('newusers','newusers','20060423230519','257','-1','Userlogin','New
> user ([[User talk:Test123|Talk]] | [[Special:Contributions/Test123|
> contribs]] | [[Special:Blockip/Test123|block]])','')
> from within function "LogPage::saveContent". MySQL returned error
> "0: ".
>
> The weird part is when I copied the code and inserted it into MySQL
> manually it worked fine, and the user showed up in the Special:Log/
> newuser I'm unsure where the conflict is between MySQL and MW but
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -- Hyarion

Re: Newuserlog error

Brion Vibber
Elliott F. Cable wrote:

> I talked with hyarion on MSN, and we figured it out - he was trying
> to install an old version of the newuserlog file from the old CVS
> repository. In the process, we came over something interesting - the
> version of newuserlog in SVN won't work with the standard
> downloadable distribution of 1.6.3 now. Two changes are necessary:
>
> On line 54, change:
> function wfNewuserlogHook( $user ) {
> to...
> function wfNewuserlogHook() {
Change this instead to:

> function wfNewuserlogHook( $user=null ) {

> Then, on line 57, change:
> if( is_null( $user ) ) {

and don't change that.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Newuserlog error

Elliott F. Cable
He's right; I feel stupid. Just a sort of php-newbie speaking (-:

> Elliott F. Cable wrote:
>> I talked with hyarion on MSN, and we figured it out - he was trying
>> to install an old version of the newuserlog file from the old CVS
>> repository. In the process, we came over something interesting - the
>> version of newuserlog in SVN won't work with the standard
>> downloadable distribution of 1.6.3 now. Two changes are necessary:
>>
>> On line 54, change:
>> function wfNewuserlogHook( $user ) {
>> to...
>> function wfNewuserlogHook() {
>
> Change this instead to:
>
>> function wfNewuserlogHook( $user=null ) {
>
>> Then, on line 57, change:
>> if( is_null( $user ) ) {
>
> and don't change that.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Newuserlog error

Invalid Name
The error now displays: "A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
SELECT value,exptime FROM `objectcache` WHERE keyname='tolkiengateway_net_-_wiki:messages:Newuserlog-create-text'

from within function "MediaWikiBagOStuff::_doquery". MySQL returned error "0:"

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks.