Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

Gordon Joly


There are over 50 people on the web page who are declared interested.

I think we should proceed with Directors who may become Trustees in
the short term. Hence there is only one level of membership (i.e. a
board member) as far as I am concerned.

Methinks we may have over estimated the size of the UK Chapter, at
least for the incorporation phase.

--
Gordo (aka LoopZilla)
[hidden email]
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
http://www.loopzilla.org/
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

Gordon Joly
At 23:12 +0000 13/1/06, Gordon Joly wrote:
>There are over 50 people on the web page who are declared interested.
>
>I think we should proceed with Directors who may become Trustees in
>the short term. Hence there is only one level of membership (i.e. a
>board member) as far as I am concerned.
>
>Methinks we may have over estimated the size of the UK Chapter, at
>least for the incorporation phase.
>


I cannot attend any meetings at all on 28th January, but I would be
free on Sunday January 29th.

I also cannot be in Birmingham on 21st January now, unless my other
engagements change radically.

--
Gordo (aka LoopZilla)
[hidden email]
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
http://www.loopzilla.org/
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

Cormac Lawler
In reply to this post by Gordon Joly
On 1/14/06, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At 23:12 +0000 13/1/06, Gordon Joly wrote:
> >There are over 50 people on the web page who are declared interested.
> >
> >I think we should proceed with Directors who may become Trustees in
> >the short term. Hence there is only one level of membership (i.e. a
> >board member) as far as I am concerned.
> >
> >Methinks we may have over estimated the size of the UK Chapter, at
> >least for the incorporation phase.
> >
>
>
> I cannot attend any meetings at all on 28th January, but I would be
> free on Sunday January 29th.


Ah, sorry, i didn't see this - I can make the 29th also

Cormac

>
> I also cannot be in Birmingham on 21st January now, unless my other
> engagements change radically.
>
> --
> Gordo (aka LoopZilla)
> [hidden email]
> http://pobox.com/~gordo/
> http://www.loopzilla.org/
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia UK mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
> http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

Gordon Joly
At 12:16 +0000 14/1/06, Cormac Lawler wrote:

>On 1/14/06, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  At 23:12 +0000 13/1/06, Gordon Joly wrote:
>>  >There are over 50 people on the web page who are declared interested.
>>  >
>>  >I think we should proceed with Directors who may become Trustees in
>>  >the short term. Hence there is only one level of membership (i.e. a
>>  >board member) as far as I am concerned.
>>  >
>>  >Methinks we may have over estimated the size of the UK Chapter, at
>>  >least for the incorporation phase.
>>  >
>>
>>
>>  I cannot attend any meetings at all on 28th January, but I would be
>>  free on Sunday January 29th.
>
>
>Ah, sorry, i didn't see this - I can make the 29th also
>
>Cormac


The 29th was not listed last time I looked. Is that because James
cannot attend?

It is Chinese New Year as well!

Gordo
--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

James Forrester-5
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Gordon Joly wrote:

> At 12:16 +0000 14/1/06, Cormac Lawler wrote:
>
> > On 1/14/06, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > >  I cannot attend any meetings at all on 28th January, but I would be
> > >  free on Sunday January 29th.
> >
> > Ah, sorry, i didn't see this - I can make the 29th also
>
> The 29th was not listed last time I looked.

Indeed; it is now. :-)

> Is that because James cannot attend?

No, it was because we were originally meant to be doing the meeting on a
Saturday, or something. I dunno. Just an over-sight.

> It is Chinese New Year as well!

Yes, it is. I doubt it will effect things that much, though.

Yours sincerely,
- --
James D. Forrester
Wikimedia : [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]
E-Mail    : [hidden email]
IM (MSN)  : [hidden email]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFDyZrtkn3kUxZyJx0RAjJSAJ9oKd+xR6Pdw9FlvTqSyKD0PrCxSACffzP6
FVjLcGPLK92DxHvIQsZTG0g=
=lt4r
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

Gordon Joly
At 00:44 +0000 15/1/06, James D. Forrester wrote:

>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>Hash: SHA1
>
>Gordon Joly wrote:
>
>>  At 12:16 +0000 14/1/06, Cormac Lawler wrote:
>>
>>  > On 1/14/06, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  >
>>  > >  I cannot attend any meetings at all on 28th January, but I would be
>>  > >  free on Sunday January 29th.
>>  >
>>  > Ah, sorry, i didn't see this - I can make the 29th also
>>
>>  The 29th was not listed last time I looked.
>
>Indeed; it is now. :-)
>
>>  Is that because James cannot attend?
>
>No, it was because we were originally meant to be doing the meeting on a
>Saturday, or something. I dunno. Just an over-sight.
>
>>  It is Chinese New Year as well!
>
>Yes, it is. I doubt it will effect things that much, though.
>

Very auspicious I would say!

--
Gordo (aka LoopZilla)
[hidden email]
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
http://www.loopzilla.org/
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

Cormac Lawler
In reply to this post by James Forrester-5
Hi all,

it'd be great to know how the meeting today went - just basic details
like whether the MoA and AoA are finalised, and what the timetable for
incorporation is. Immersed in my own mountain of paperwork here, but
it's all academic literature, I'm afraid..

Cormac
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Latest business meeting: 15th January 2006

VampWillow
Someone else was (I think/hope!) taking minutes (actually, I'm sure James
was doing the great business) but yes, I think the meeting concluded in a
state where the AoA and MoA were considered as satisfactory, adequate, and
complete. The ongoing schedule wasn't defined, aiui, other than an 'asap'
position, but others may correct me as I had to keep popping out the room
(thanks to too much coffee and red bull and nothing else until we
adjourned to the pub!)

Alison


> Hi all,
>
> it'd be great to know how the meeting today went - just basic details
> like whether the MoA and AoA are finalised, and what the timetable for
> incorporation is. Immersed in my own mountain of paperwork here, but
> it's all academic literature, I'm afraid..
>
> Cormac
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia UK mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
> http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
>

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Latest business meeting: 15th January 2006

Scott Keir
Oddly I didn't get Cormac's email. But anyway.

I was there, it was great to meet everyone - a good bunch of dedicated,
smart people, who I'm sure will serve Wiki Educational Resources (yup,
the name seems to have been confirmed, thank goodness!) well. Only sad
I had to rush off and couldn't socialise with you all.

It was a long meeting, but useful: everything that needed to get
thrashed and pulled and tested and tried, did get thrashed and tested
and pulled and tried. Progress is being made, and a real sense of
achievement at the end.

As I said at the meeting, I'm happy to be a signatory to the articles,
but not to be a director/trustee.(A midwife not a godparent, I think I
said in the meeting.) But I look forward to watching, and helping, the
new baby to progress towards being a bouncy baby, err, Wikimedia UK!

Have fun

Scott

On Monday, January 16, 2006, at 12:02  am, VampWillow wrote:

> Someone else was (I think/hope!) taking minutes (actually, I'm sure
> James
> was doing the great business) but yes, I think the meeting concluded
> in a
> state where the AoA and MoA were considered as satisfactory, adequate,
> and
> complete. The ongoing schedule wasn't defined, aiui, other than an
> 'asap'
> position, but others may correct me as I had to keep popping out the
> room
> (thanks to too much coffee and red bull and nothing else until we
> adjourned to the pub!)
>
> Alison
>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it'd be great to know how the meeting today went - just basic details
>> like whether the MoA and AoA are finalised, and what the timetable for
>> incorporation is. Immersed in my own mountain of paperwork here, but
>> it's all academic literature, I'm afraid..
>>
>> Cormac


               
___________________________________________________________
NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

David Gerard
In reply to this post by Cormac Lawler
Cormac Lawler ([hidden email]) [060116 10:15]:

> it'd be great to know how the meeting today went - just basic details
> like whether the MoA and AoA are finalised, and what the timetable for
> incorporation is. Immersed in my own mountain of paperwork here, but
> it's all academic literature, I'm afraid..


I really wish Alison had been able to make it last time, 'cos a lot of the
stuff we'd carefully hammered out, she utterly demolished using experience
of horrible real life disasters ;-) But I *think* we've got it now. If it
passes the lawyer, cross fingers.

(Essentially, we want: "we can do anything we like. If the Charity
Commission accepts it. And if it isn't an invitation to legal trolls.")

Next proper meeting, we should be able to actually sign paperwork!


- d.


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next business meeting: 15th January 2006

Cormac Lawler
On 1/16/06, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cormac Lawler ([hidden email]) [060116 10:15]:
>
> > it'd be great to know how the meeting today went - just basic details
> > like whether the MoA and AoA are finalised, and what the timetable for
> > incorporation is. Immersed in my own mountain of paperwork here, but
> > it's all academic literature, I'm afraid..
>
>
> I really wish Alison had been able to make it last time, 'cos a lot of the
> stuff we'd carefully hammered out, she utterly demolished using experience
> of horrible real life disasters ;-) But I *think* we've got it now. If it
> passes the lawyer, cross fingers.
>
> (Essentially, we want: "we can do anything we like. If the Charity
> Commission accepts it. And if it isn't an invitation to legal trolls.")
>
> Next proper meeting, we should be able to actually sign paperwork!
>
>
> - d.
>

Great - with ink and quill (rather than our normal editor's red markers..)

C
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l