Non-case-sensitive search possible?

Kai Sommer
Hi SMW-users!

I ascertained with my SMW 2.5.2 and no special settings, that the search
always is case-sensitive.

After a little investigation I found out, that the MySQL query (LIKE)
theoretically could be made with a additional LOWER() to search
non-case-sensitive, but SMW is not doing LOWER() the search string …

=> Is there a known option to achieve my goal (− doing a
non-case-sensitive search)?
(I don’t want to enable the full-text search.)

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Kai

Re: Non-case-sensitive search possible?

kghbln
Heiya Kai,

perhaps storing the data values by wrapping them into the lc parser
function is a way out.

Cheers Karsten

Am 06.06.2017 um 18:29 schrieb Kai Sommer:

> Hi SMW-users!
>
> I ascertained with my SMW 2.5.2 and no special settings, that the
> search always is case-sensitive.
>
> After a little investigation I found out, that the MySQL query (LIKE)
> theoretically could be made with a additional LOWER() to search
> non-case-sensitive, but SMW is not doing LOWER() the search string …
>
> => Is there a known option to achieve my goal (− doing a
> non-case-sensitive search)?
> (I don’t want to enable the full-text search.)
>
> Thanks a lot and best regards!
>
> Kai

Re: Non-case-sensitive search possible?

James HK
Hi,

>> After a little investigation I found out, that the MySQL query (LIKE)
>> theoretically could be made with a additional LOWER() to search
>> non-case-sensitive, but SMW is not doing LOWER() the search string …

> perhaps storing the data values by wrapping them into the lc parser
> function is a way out.

Those suggestions do not really solve the issue and depend either on
the application layer or modify a search string arbitrarily.

>> => Is there a known option to achieve my goal (− doing a
>> non-case-sensitive search)?
>> (I don’t want to enable the full-text search.)

If I have time during the weekend, I'll post a recommendation at [0]
based on [1].

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki
[1] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues/1912

Cheers

On 6/7/17, [[kgh]] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Heiya Kai,
>
> perhaps storing the data values by wrapping them into the lc parser
> function is a way out.
>
> Cheers Karsten
>
> Am 06.06.2017 um 18:29 schrieb Kai Sommer:
>> Hi SMW-users!
>>
>> I ascertained with my SMW 2.5.2 and no special settings, that the
>> search always is case-sensitive.
>>
>> After a little investigation I found out, that the MySQL query (LIKE)
>> theoretically could be made with a additional LOWER() to search
>> non-case-sensitive, but SMW is not doing LOWER() the search string …
>>
>> => Is there a known option to achieve my goal (− doing a
>> non-case-sensitive search)?
>> (I don’t want to enable the full-text search.)
>>
>> Thanks a lot and best regards!
>>
>> Kai

Re: Non-case-sensitive search possible?

James HK
Hi,

> If I have time during the weekend, I'll post a recommendation at [0]
> based on [1].

As hinted earlier this week, [0] contains the recommendation.

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/2499

Cheers