Non-searchable text

Farrell, Rob (contractor)
Hi all,

I'm a N00b, so please bear with me.

I have a need to mark certain text in my articles as non-searchable.
Are there tags in existence that I can use, or can anyone out there help
me create them?  You may ask why?  Good question.  I am creating a
Technical solutions knowledgebase using MediaWiki technology and have
strict guidelines around content to minimise the "noise" - searchwise -
that one can get with long articles.  The format is:

 - Environment
 - Symptoms
 - Cause
 - Fix

I only want the symptoms & Environment sections to be searchable, as the
"cause" only adds context to the solution and the "fix" is simply that,
and does not need to be searchable.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  If you wish to
contact me directly for details please do.

Thanks

Bob Farrell
BP
Global Service Desk Project
GRS&T DCT Service Operations
20 Canada Square
London E14 5NJ
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7948 3638
Mobile: +44 (0) 7725 025 162
E-mail: [hidden email]
MSN Messenger: [hidden email]
Yahoo IM: bobcfarrell
BP Connect: http://connect.bpweb.bp.com/Me.asp?IDN=531391
Get connected: http://connect.bpweb.bp.com

Re: Non-searchable text

Sylvain Machefert
with google, it's always searchable :-)

I don't know any special tag to avoid search, but imagine you remember a
part of a fix, you had to be able to search for the entire fix.

--[[User:Iubito]]

http://iubito.free.fr
http://tousauxbalkans.free.fr