OAuth Devlopment Training

Chris Steipp
Hi all,

For any developers who have been thinking about connecting their
application to MediaWiki, but haven't gotten around to diving in, I'm going
to have a short training/workshop session next week. I'll give a brief
intro to using the version of OAuth that we're running, and walk through
some quick demos in php and go. After that, I'm happy to walk any developer
through getting their app connected, if anyone is struggling with a
particular issue.

It will be Wed, Dec 18th at 11am PST (1900 UTC). Please let me know if
you're interested. We'll probably use a hangout for the session, but if
that's not an option for anyone we can use a voice call and etherpad.
Either way I'll probably send out invites individually.

Re: OAuth Devlopment Training

Aaron Halfaker-3
I'm bummed that I won't be able to join in since this overlaps
substantially with the Analytics Research & Data showcase that starts @
11:30 AM PST.  Would you be interested in recording the presentation for
those of us who cannot attend?

-Aaron

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Chris Steipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For any developers who have been thinking about connecting their
> application to MediaWiki, but haven't gotten around to diving in, I'm going
> to have a short training/workshop session next week. I'll give a brief
> intro to using the version of OAuth that we're running, and walk through
> some quick demos in php and go. After that, I'm happy to walk any developer
> through getting their app connected, if anyone is struggling with a
> particular issue.
>
> It will be Wed, Dec 18th at 11am PST (1900 UTC). Please let me know if
> you're interested. We'll probably use a hangout for the session, but if
> that's not an option for anyone we can use a voice call and etherpad.
> Either way I'll probably send out invites individually.

Re: OAuth Devlopment Training

Tyler Romeo
I'll probably try and attend, although it's during the day so there's no
guarantee my boss won't randomly schedule a meeting or something.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Aaron Halfaker <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I'm bummed that I won't be able to join in since this overlaps
> substantially with the Analytics Research & Data showcase that starts @
> 11:30 AM PST.  Would you be interested in recording the presentation for
> those of us who cannot attend?
>
> -Aaron
>

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Chris Steipp <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For any developers who have been thinking about connecting their
> > application to MediaWiki, but haven't gotten around to diving in, I'm
> going
> > to have a short training/workshop session next week. I'll give a brief
> > intro to using the version of OAuth that we're running, and walk through
> > some quick demos in php and go. After that, I'm happy to walk any
> developer
> > through getting their app connected, if anyone is struggling with a
> > particular issue.
> >
> > It will be Wed, Dec 18th at 11am PST (1900 UTC). Please let me know if
> > you're interested. We'll probably use a hangout for the session, but if
> > that's not an option for anyone we can use a voice call and etherpad.
> > Either way I'll probably send out invites individually.

Re: OAuth Devlopment Training

Chris Steipp
Just a reminder that I'll be running a training tomorrow for any developers
interested in OAuth at 11am PST / 19:00 UTC. If you're still interested,
let me know and I'll add you to the hangout invite list. For everyone who
already responded, I'll send you the link in a bit.

Several people asked if we would record it, so I'm planning to do that.
I'll send out the link afterward.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Chris Steipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For any developers who have been thinking about connecting their
> application to MediaWiki, but haven't gotten around to diving in, I'm going
> to have a short training/workshop session next week. I'll give a brief
> intro to using the version of OAuth that we're running, and walk through
> some quick demos in php and go. After that, I'm happy to walk any developer
> through getting their app connected, if anyone is struggling with a
> particular issue.
>
> It will be Wed, Dec 18th at 11am PST (1900 UTC). Please let me know if
> you're interested. We'll probably use a hangout for the session, but if
> that's not an option for anyone we can use a voice call and etherpad.
> Either way I'll probably send out invites individually.

Re: OAuth Devlopment Training

Chris Steipp
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the recording to work, but everything we
discussed is here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/OAuth/For_Developers

The notes and examples should be able to get most people started
integrating their applications. But if you have trouble, ping me via email
or irc, and I can help you get started.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Chris Steipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just a reminder that I'll be running a training tomorrow for any
> developers interested in OAuth at 11am PST / 19:00 UTC. If you're still
> interested, let me know and I'll add you to the hangout invite list. For
> everyone who already responded, I'll send you the link in a bit.
>
> Several people asked if we would record it, so I'm planning to do that.
> I'll send out the link afterward.
>

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Chris Steipp <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> For any developers who have been thinking about connecting their
>> application to MediaWiki, but haven't gotten around to diving in, I'm going
>> to have a short training/workshop session next week. I'll give a brief
>> intro to using the version of OAuth that we're running, and walk through
>> some quick demos in php and go. After that, I'm happy to walk any developer
>> through getting their app connected, if anyone is struggling with a
>> particular issue.
>>
>> It will be Wed, Dec 18th at 11am PST (1900 UTC). Please let me know if
>> you're interested. We'll probably use a hangout for the session, but if
>> that's not an option for anyone we can use a voice call and etherpad.
>> Either way I'll probably send out invites individually.

Re: OAuth Devlopment Training

Dan Andreescu
And if anyone's curious, the session helped me get identify implemented in
Wikimetrics: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/102618/.  I had to hack the
unmaintained Flask-Oauth module quite a bit, so eventually I might move to
rauth.  But it seems to work and makes me feel fuzzier about using OAuth as
pseudo authentication.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Chris Steipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the recording to work, but everything we
> discussed is here:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/OAuth/For_Developers
>
> The notes and examples should be able to get most people started
> integrating their applications. But if you have trouble, ping me via email
> or irc, and I can help you get started.
>

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Chris Steipp <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Just a reminder that I'll be running a training tomorrow for any
> > developers interested in OAuth at 11am PST / 19:00 UTC. If you're still
> > interested, let me know and I'll add you to the hangout invite list. For
> > everyone who already responded, I'll send you the link in a bit.
> >
> > Several people asked if we would record it, so I'm planning to do that.
> > I'll send out the link afterward.
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Chris Steipp <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> For any developers who have been thinking about connecting their
> >> application to MediaWiki, but haven't gotten around to diving in, I'm
> going
> >> to have a short training/workshop session next week. I'll give a brief
> >> intro to using the version of OAuth that we're running, and walk through
> >> some quick demos in php and go. After that, I'm happy to walk any
> developer
> >> through getting their app connected, if anyone is struggling with a
> >> particular issue.
> >>
> >> It will be Wed, Dec 18th at 11am PST (1900 UTC). Please let me know if
> >> you're interested. We'll probably use a hangout for the session, but if
> >> that's not an option for anyone we can use a voice call and etherpad.
> >> Either way I'll probably send out invites individually.

Re: OAuth Devlopment Training

Legoktm
On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Dan Andreescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> And if anyone's curious, the session helped me get identify implemented in
> Wikimetrics: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/102618/.  I had to hack the
> unmaintained Flask-Oauth module quite a bit, so eventually I might move to
> rauth.  But it seems to work and makes me feel fuzzier about using OAuth as
> pseudo authentication.

There is the flask-mwoauth[1] library created by valhallasw that the
gerrit-patch-uploader uses.

[1] https://github.com/valhallasw/flask-mwoauth

--Legoktm