Quantcast

OWL import functionality

Florian Geißler
Hey,

I know that the functionality to import an OWL file into Semantic
MediaWiki is not supported anymore. Unfortunately, I will need something
like that. Does somebody know another solution to import ontologies? Is
the code of the "old" import functionality still available somewhere?

Best regards

--
Florian Geißler, M.Sc.

Re: OWL import functionality

Christian Fürber
Hi Florian,

you can map categories and properties of SMW with classes and properties of
an OWL ontology. The procedure is described at
http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Import_vocabulary .

Maybe this workaround helps?

Best,
Christian

Information Quality Institute GmbH
Sterzenweg 8
82541 Münsing
Germany

Phone  +49 (0)8177 3 919 515-0
Fax +49 (0)8177 3 919 515-9
e-mail: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.iqinstitute-gmbh.de
Twitter: http://twitter.com/infoqualitaet
Youtube: http://youtube.com/informationquality

Registergericht München, HRB 200715
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Kfm. Christian Fürber, Dipl.-Kfm. Michael Wernz

Re: OWL import functionality

Ed Swing-2
I've been doing some work on importing and exporting pages as ontology-conformant objects. It uses a paradigm where the entire page is a template instance, so you can extract properties easily. The software also can create the categories, properties, templates and forms and ensure they conform to the ontology structure. If this is what you're looking for, let me know.

Edward Swing
Applied Research Technologist
Vision Systems + Technology, Inc., a SAS Company
6021 University Boulevard . Suite 360 . Ellicott City . Maryland . 21043
Tel: 410.418.5555 Ext: 919 . Fax: 410.418.8580
Email: [hidden email]

Re: OWL import functionality

mostafa
Hi Christian,
I am trying to import my OWL ontology to the SMW. I read that the pywikipedia is able to do this.

My question is it possible to import the OWL Ontology using the pywikipedia framework as an alternative approach

Thanks,
Mostafa