Oauth non working properly

Ilario Valdelli
Hi all,

I am doing an edit-a-thon and I have a strange behaviour with an user.

He allows the use of Oauth for the Dashboard but he does the login and he is
not redirected to the Dashboard. The page remains empty even if he is
logged.

Do you have an idea?

Kind regards

Ilario Valdelli

Re: Oauth non working properly

David Barratt
What's the url of the dashboard? also, what is the url of the empty page
(that you get redirected to)?

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:09 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am doing an edit-a-thon and I have a strange behaviour with an user.
>

> He allows the use of Oauth for the Dashboard but he does the login and he
> is
> not redirected to the Dashboard. The page remains empty even if he is
> logged.
>

> Do you have an idea?
>

> Kind regards
>

> Ilario Valdelli

Re: Oauth non working properly

Ilario Valdelli
This is the Dashboard:

https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/Val_Mesolcina/Sui_passi_di_Carlo_Amoretti,_Capo_X_-_Mesolcina

After the login this is the link appearing in the page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:OAuth/authorize&oauth_token=d0524b6bae49ef4ca74dcf099086cfb2&oauth_consumer_key=5709c54e5e241577730e27c13e1a56cf

And it remains on English Wikipedia.

Kind regards

What's the url of the dashboard? also, what is the url of the empty page (that you get redirected to)?

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:09 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am doing an edit-a-thon and I have a strange behaviour with an user.
>

> He allows the use of Oauth for the Dashboard but he does the login and
> he is not redirected to the Dashboard. The page remains empty even if
> he is logged.
>

> Do you have an idea?
>

> Kind regards
>

> Ilario Valdelli

Re: Oauth non working properly

David Barratt
That's bizarre, I'm not able to reproduce the issue with either of my
accounts.

Perhaps try going to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:OAuthManageMyGrants
and revoke access to the outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org application. Then
attempt to re-authenticate.

Not sure if that will fix the problem, but might be worth a try.

You might also try using a different browser, or using a private/incognito
window.

I hope this helps!