Off Topic: AuthDrupal

Krabina Bernhard
Hi,

does anybody have experience with the AuthDrupal extension? After upgrading the server from PHP 5.3 to 5.5, I get the following error:

Declaration of AuthDrupal::initUser() should be compatible with AuthPlugin::initUser(&$user, $autocreate = false) in .../extensions/AuthDrupal/AuthDrupal.php on line 374

If I deactivate the extension, the wiki works find, so it is certainly a problem of the (unmaintained) extension.

Ideas?

cheers,
Bernhard

Re: Off Topic: AuthDrupal

Ralf Krüdewagen
Hi Bernhard,

the MW AuthPlugin API has changed a bit in the past. I also had to
change our customized LDAP Auth plugin in order to make it compatible
again.

Even though I never used AuthDrupal, I can just give you an example on
how our initUser() function looks:

####################
function initUser(&$user, $autocreate = false)
    {
      // Override this to do something.
      $this->debug("initUser($autocreate)", FUNCTION_INVOCATION);

      // We are creating an LDAP user, it is very important that we do
      // NOT set a local password because it could compromise the
      // security of our domain.
      $user->mPassword = '';

      // The update user function does everything else we need done.
      $this->updateUser($user);
    }
####################

Adding "$autocreate = false" as 2nd parameter could already help in your case.

Cheers
Ralf

Zitat von Krabina Bernhard <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody have experience with the AuthDrupal extension? After
> upgrading the server from PHP 5.3 to 5.5, I get the following error:
>
> Declaration of AuthDrupal::initUser() should be compatible with
> AuthPlugin::initUser(&$user, $autocreate = false) in
> .../extensions/AuthDrupal/AuthDrupal.php on line 374
>
> If I deactivate the extension, the wiki works find, so it is
> certainly a problem of the (unmaintained) extension.
>
> Ideas?
>
> cheers,
> Bernhard

Re: Off Topic: AuthDrupal

Krabina Bernhard
Dear Ralf,

great, thank you! This pointed me to the right direction.

The solution can be found here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:AuthDrupal#Solution

cheers,
Bernhard