Office hours this Friday, October 9

Cary Bass-4
Hi everyone,

This Friday's office hours will feature Mike Godwin, the Wikimedia
Foundation's Legal Counsel.  If you don't know Mike Godwin, you can
read about him at <http://enwp.org/Mike_Godwin>.

Office hours this Friday are from 2230 to 2330 UTC (3:30PM to 4:30PM
PDT).  Mike will also be taking the following Thursday from 1600 to
1700 UTC (9:00AM to 10:00AM PDT).

The IRC channel that will be hosting Mike's conversation will be
#wikimedia-office on the Freenode network.  If you do not have an IRC
client, you can always access Freenode by going to
http://webchat.freenode.net/, typing in the nickname of your choice and
choosing wikimedia-office as the channel.   You may be prompted to click
through a security warning. Go ahead.

--
Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Office hours this Friday, October 9

Cary Bass-4

Office hours next Thursday, October 29.

Cary Bass-4
Hello all!

Next Thursday's office hours will feature Kul Wadhwa, Wikimedia
Foundation's Head of Business Development.  If you don't know Kul, you
can read about him at <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Kul_Wadhwa>.

Office hours on Thursday are from 1600 to 1700 UTC (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT).

If you do not have an IRC client, there are two ways you can come chat
using a web browser:  First is using the Wikizine chat gateway at
<http://chatwikizine.memebot.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi>.  Type a
nickname, select irc.freenode.net from the top menu and
#wikimedia-office from the following menu, then login to join.

Also, you can access Freenode by going to http://webchat.freenode.net/,
typing in the nickname of your choice and choosing wikimedia-office as
the channel.   You may be prompted to click through a security warning.
 It should be all right.

Please feel free to forward (and translate!) this email to any other
relevant email lists you happen to be on.  (Kul is able to speak
English, Japanese and Portuguese with some degree of competancy!)

--
Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation

Office hours in 30 minutes (2009-10-29)

Cary Bass-4
Greetings!

Just a reminder that today's office hours will feature Kul Wadhwa,
Wikimedia Foundation's Head of Business Development.  If you don't know
Kul, you can read about him at
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Kul_Wadhwa>.

Office hours today are from 1600 to 1700 UTC (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT).

[...]

Office hours this Friday, November 6

Cary Bass-4
Hello all!

This Friday's office hours will once again feature Rand Montoya,
Wikimedia Foundation's Head of Community Giving.  If you don't know
Rand, you can read about him at
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Rand_Montoya>.

Office hours on Thursday are from 2230 to 2330 UTC (3:30 PM - 4:30 PM PDT).

If you do not have an IRC client, there are two ways you can come chat
using a web browser:  First is using the Wikizine chat gateway at
<http://chatwikizine.memebot.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi>.  Type a
nickname, select irc.freenode.net from the top menu and
#wikimedia-office from the following menu, then login to join.

Also, you can access Freenode by going to http://webchat.freenode.net/,
typing in the nickname of your choice and choosing wikimedia-office as
the channel.   You may be prompted to click through a security warning.
 It should be all right.

Please feel free to forward (and translate!) this email to any other
relevant email lists you happen to be on.
--
Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Office hours this Friday, November 6

Cary Bass-4
There's one "Thursday" in my previous message.  It's going to definitely
be on Friday, sorry if it caused any confusion.  (Thanks James!)

Cary

Cary Bass wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> This Friday's office hours will once again feature Rand Montoya,
> Wikimedia Foundation's Head of Community Giving.  If you don't know
> Rand, you can read about him at
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Rand_Montoya>.
>
> Office hours on Thursday are from 2230 to 2330 UTC (3:30 PM - 4:30 PM PDT).
>
> If you do not have an IRC client, there are two ways you can come chat
> using a web browser:  First is using the Wikizine chat gateway at
> <http://chatwikizine.memebot.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi>.  Type a
> nickname, select irc.freenode.net from the top menu and
> #wikimedia-office from the following menu, then login to join.
>
> Also, you can access Freenode by going to http://webchat.freenode.net/,
> typing in the nickname of your choice and choosing wikimedia-office as
> the channel.   You may be prompted to click through a security warning.
>  It should be all right.
>
> Please feel free to forward (and translate!) this email to any other
> relevant email lists you happen to be on.

--
Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation

Office hours next Thursday, November 12

Cary Bass-4
Hello all!

Next Thursday's office hours will feature Naoko Komura, the Program
Manager for the Stanton Foundation Usability Project.  If you don't know
Naoko, you can get to know her at
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Naoko_Komura>.

Office hours on Thursday are from 1600 to 1700 UTC (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT).

If you do not have an IRC client, there are two ways you can come chat
using a web browser:  First is using the Wikizine chat gateway at
<http://chatwikizine.memebot.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi>.  Type a
nickname, select irc.freenode.net from the top menu and
#wikimedia-office from the following menu, then login to join.

Also, you can access Freenode by going to http://webchat.freenode.net/,
typing in the nickname of your choice and choosing wikimedia-office as
the channel.   You may be prompted to click through a security warning.
It should be all right.

Please feel free to forward (and translate!) this email to any other
relevant email lists you happen to be on.  (Naoko is able to speak
English and Japanese with a great degree of competancy!)

--
Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation

Office hours starting in 30 minutes

Cary Bass-4

Office hours next Thursday, November 19

Cary Bass-4

Re: Office hours next Thursday, November 19

Cary Bass-4

Re: [Foundation-l] Office hours next Thursday, November 19

Cary Bass-4
Forgive my poor math (in addition to my poor self-proofreading skills)
but 3:00 PM Pacific time is actually 2300 and not 2100.  Office hours
are in 1:45 hours.

Cary

Cary Bass wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Next Thursday's office hours will feature Véronique Kessler, the
> Foundation's Chief Financial Officer.  If you don't know
> Véronique you can get to know her at
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/V%C3%A9ronique_Kessler>.
>
> Office hours on Thursday are from 2100 to 2200 UTC (3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
> PDT).
>
> If you do not have an IRC client, there are two ways you can come chat
> using a web browser:  First is using the Wikizine chat gateway at
> <http://chatwikizine.memebot.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi>.  Type a
> nickname, select irc.freenode.net from the top menu and
> #wikimedia-office from the following menu, then login to join.
>
> Also, you can access Freenode by going to http://webchat.freenode.net/,
> typing in the nickname of your choice and choosing wikimedia-office as
> the channel.   You may be prompted to click through a security warning.
> It should be all right.
>
> Please feel free to forward (and translate!) this email to any other
> relevant email lists you happen to be on.  Also note, this is
> Veronique's first foray into IRC, so lets show her how welcoming we can
> be! :-)

Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Foundation-l] Office hours next Thursday, November 19

brian.mcneil-2
On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 13:18 -0800, Cary Bass wrote:
> Forgive my poor math (in addition to my poor self-proofreading skills)
> but 3:00 PM Pacific time is actually 2300 and not 2100.  Office hours
> are in 1:45 hours.

I thought you guys had the "classic" different timezone clocks on the
office wall?

--
Brian McNeil <[hidden email]>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil

Office hours next Thursday, December 3

Cary Bass-4

Re: Office hours next Thursday, December 3

brian.mcneil-2
On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 16:32 -0800, Cary Bass wrote:
> Next Thursday's office hours will feature Jay Walsh, the Foundation's
> Head of Communications.  If you don't know Jay you can learn all about
> him at <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:JayWalsh>.

Correction: If you don't know who Jay is, you've a nerve calling
yourself a Citizen Journalist on a Wikimedia project! :P

--
Brian McNeil <[hidden email]>|http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil
Content of this message in no way represents the opinions or official position
of the Wikimedia Foundation or any of its projects.
* Problems replying? Forward bounces to [hidden email] to raise with Godaddy Hosting.

Office hours next Friday, December 11

Cary Bass-4

Re: Office hours next Friday, December 11

Cary Bass-4

Office hours Thursday, December 17

Cary Bass-4

Office hours very shortly

Cary Bass-4
Hello all!

Sorry about the lack of email list notice--I'm trying to not barrage the
email lists constantly with the same message.  If you want longer
notice, just be sure to keep your eyes on the page on meta:
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours>

The first office hours for 2010 are from 1700 to 1800 UTC (9:00 AM -
10:00 AM PST) today and will feature once again, Rand Montoya, to talk
about the annual fundraiser.

If you do not have an IRC client, there are two ways you can come chat
using a web browser:  First is using the Wikizine chat gateway at
<http://chatwikizine.memebot.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi>.  Type a
nickname, select irc.freenode.net from the top menu and
#wikimedia-office from the following menu, then login to join.

Also, you can access Freenode by going to http://webchat.freenode.net/,
typing in the nickname of your choice and choosing wikimedia-office as
the channel.   You may be prompted to click through a security warning.
It should be all right.

Please feel free to forward (and translate!) this email to any other
relevant email lists you happen to be on.

--
Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation

Office hours tomorrow, Wednesday, January 27.

Cary Bass-4
Hello all!

Tomorrow's office hours will feature Rebecca Handler, the Foundation's
Head of Major Gifts.  If you don't know Rebecca
you can read all about her at
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:Rebecca_Handler>.

Office hours tomorrow are from 2330 to 0030 UTC (3:30 PM - 4:30 PM PST).

If you do not have an IRC client, there are two ways you can come chat
using a web browser:  First is using the Wikizine chat gateway at
<http://chatwikizine.memebot.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi>.  Type a
nickname, select irc.freenode.net from the top menu and
#wikimedia-office from the following menu, then login to join.

Also, you can access Freenode by going to http://webchat.freenode.net/,
typing in the nickname of your choice and choosing wikimedia-office as
the channel.   You may be prompted to click through a security warning.
It should be all right.

Please feel free to forward (and translate!) this email to any other
relevant email lists you happen to be on.

--
Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation

Office hours *right now* Thursday, February 4

Cary Bass-4
Hello all!  Apologies for the very short notice!

Today's office hours are featuring Guillaume Paumier, and Neil
Kaandalgaonkar, who are Project Manager and Software Developer for the
Multimedia Usability Project.  Read more about them at:

<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:Guillom> and
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:NeilK>

Office hours are from 1700 to 1800 UTC (9:00 AM to 10:00 AM PST).