Ogg videos that aren't.

Gregory Maxwell
It would appear that about 11% of the Ogg videos on commons aren't Ogg
at all, they mostly seem to be renamed AVI and the like...

Is there any reason I shouldn't run through all these and transcode
them in mass to Ogg/Theora?

Re: Ogg videos that aren't.

Alphax (Wikipedia email)
Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> It would appear that about 11% of the Ogg videos on commons aren't Ogg
> at all, they mostly seem to be renamed AVI and the like...
>
> Is there any reason I shouldn't run through all these and transcode
> them in mass to Ogg/Theora?

So long as there's no reason to doubt the licensing claims, and you can
do it with no discernable loss of quality... go for it.