Quantcast

One form populating two pages

Aneta Chmielewski
Hi,

I would like the input of one semantic form to generate two pages one with all of the input data and one with a subset of that data (possibly a subpage).  Is this possible?  If so how?

I am running:
Mediawiki 1.15.5-1
PHP 5.3.3-lubuntu9.5
MySQL 5.1.49-lubuntu8.1

Thank you in advance!

Aneta Chmielewski, M. Sc.
Research Analyst
The Joint Department of Medical Imaging
Mount Sinai Hospital, University Health Network, Women's College Hospital, Toronto Rehab
2-201 LuCliff Place, 700 Bay Street, Toronto, ON  M5G 1Z6
Tel: 416-946-4501 x 4035
E-Mail: [hidden email]

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.

Re: One form populating two pages

Robin Patterson
Familypedia virtually does that but you need a short subsequent procedure to
create the subpage. See http://familypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Form:Person  and
read about "sensor pages". Regrettably, the form works only with Firefox 3
(and not perfectly even with that), but there's a "work-around" where people
can just enter their data in a pasted outline.

Robin F Patterson, 88 Motuhara Road,
Plimmerton, Porirua City, New Zealand

http://genealogy.wikia.com/wiki/User:Robin_Patterson

> I would like the input of one semantic form to generate two pages one with
> all of the input data and one with a subset of that data (possibly a
> subpage).  Is this possible?  If so how?
>
> I am running:
> Mediawiki 1.15.5-1
> PHP 5.3.3-lubuntu9.5
> MySQL 5.1.49-lubuntu8.1
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Aneta Chmielewski, M. Sc.
> Research Analyst
> The Joint Department of Medical Imaging
> Mount Sinai Hospital, University Health Network, Women's College Hospital,
> Toronto Rehab
> 2-201 LuCliff Place, 700 Bay Street, Toronto, ON  M5G 1Z6
> Tel: 416-946-4501 x 4035
> E-Mail: [hidden email]
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the
> sole use of the intended recipient.
> Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was
> originally intended is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and
> delete all copies.
> Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may
> not be that of the organization.

Applying two or more semantic properties when using Templates, Forms, Classes and Properties

Bruce Whealton-4
I am using Semantic Forms, Templates, Classes, Properties and imported
vocabularies on my Semantic MediaWiki site here:
http://my-family-lineage.com/wiki/Main_Page
I'm just not sure how to apply more than one property to the data.  For
example in my Template:Person I tried this:
|-
! Mother
| [[bio:mother::{{{Mother|}}}]][[rel:descendantOf::{{{Mother|}}}]]
I ended up just getting a link to my mother repeated.  I was trying to add
my mother as also an Ancestor of mine.  Actually, using the Relationship
vocabulary here: http://vocab.org/relationship/.html
I would really want the property rel:childOf applied to my mother which is
important to add to the properties that I am using on the site - as there
may be value in having both properties specified, however, I don't need the
same name to appear twice in the Table that the template is going to output.
I just want both properties applied behind the scenes as it were.
I was actually thinking of using this with the Schema.org specification,
also.  Many of the genealogy values are supported by the Schema.org with the
Person class.

So, how do I not display the same name many times for each property I want
to apply?
Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Bruce Whealton, Owner Future Wave Designs 919-636-5809 or 951-5966 (cell)
http://FutureWaveDesigns.com (Web Design/Web Development)
FOAF: http://whealton.info/BruceWhealtonJr/foaf.rdf
Please join the following genealogy site for sharing and collaborating:
http://whealton.info/w/
http://whealton.info/Genealogy/urllist.html - list of genealogy data
http://futurewavedesigns.com/wordpress/
Web Technology wiki: http://futurewavedesigns.com/w/

Re: One form populating two pages

Aneta Chmielewski
Hi Robin,

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately we really need a solution that wouldn't be browser dependent and ideally wouldn't require additional work for the user.  Does anyone else know of other solutions?

Aneta Chmielewski, M. Sc.
Research Analyst
The Joint Department of Medical Imaging
Mount Sinai Hospital, University Health Network, Women's College Hospital, Toronto Rehab
2-201 LuCliff Place, 700 Bay Street, Toronto, ON  M5G 1Z6
Tel: 416-946-4501 x 4035

> I would like the input of one semantic form to generate two pages one with
> all of the input data and one with a subset of that data (possibly a
> subpage).  Is this possible?  If so how?
>
> I am running:
> Mediawiki 1.15.5-1
> PHP 5.3.3-lubuntu9.5
> MySQL 5.1.49-lubuntu8.1
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Aneta Chmielewski, M. Sc.
> Research Analyst
> The Joint Department of Medical Imaging
> Mount Sinai Hospital, University Health Network, Women's College Hospital,
> Toronto Rehab
> 2-201 LuCliff Place, 700 Bay Street, Toronto, ON  M5G 1Z6
> Tel: 416-946-4501 x 4035
> E-Mail: [hidden email]
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the
> sole use of the intended recipient.
> Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was
> originally intended is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and
> delete all copies.
> Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may
> not be that of the organization.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.

Re: One form populating two pages

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Aneta,

You could check out this extension - I've never tried it, so I don't know
how well it works, or even exactly what it does, but maybe it's helpful
here:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Multi_Edit_Extension

Could you explain what exactly you're trying to do, though? It could be
that there's a simpler way to do it, that doesn't involve creating multiple
pages.

-Yaron

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Chmielewski, Aneta <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Robin,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately we really need a solution that
> wouldn't be browser dependent and ideally wouldn't require additional work
> for the user.  Does anyone else know of other solutions?
>
> Aneta Chmielewski, M. Sc.
> Research Analyst
> The Joint Department of Medical Imaging
> Mount Sinai Hospital, University Health Network, Women's College Hospital,
> Toronto Rehab
> 2-201 LuCliff Place, 700 Bay Street, Toronto, ON  M5G 1Z6
> Tel: 416-946-4501 x 4035

Hi Yaron,

I would like to print a some contents of a page (only certain templates) in a specific format to generate a contract.  I don't need to necessarily generate multiple pages just a custom print format.  Any suggestions?

Aneta Chmielewski, M. Sc.
Research Analyst
The Joint Department of Medical Imaging
Mount Sinai Hospital, University Health Network, Women's College Hospital, Toronto Rehab
2-201 LuCliff Place, 700 Bay Street, Toronto, ON  M5G 1Z6
Tel: 416-946-4501 x 4035

> I would like the input of one semantic form to generate two pages one with
> all of the input data and one with a subset of that data (possibly a
> subpage).  Is this possible?  If so how?
>
> I am running:
> Mediawiki 1.15.5-1
> PHP 5.3.3-lubuntu9.5
> MySQL 5.1.49-lubuntu8.1
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Aneta Chmielewski, M. Sc.
> Research Analyst
> The Joint Department of Medical Imaging
> Mount Sinai Hospital, University Health Network, Women's College Hospital,
> Toronto Rehab
> 2-201 LuCliff Place, 700 Bay Street, Toronto, ON  M5G 1Z6
> Tel: 416-946-4501 x 4035
> E-Mail: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the
> sole use of the intended recipient.
> Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was
> originally intended is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and
> delete all copies.
> Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may
> not be that of the organization.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.

Re: One form populating two pages

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Aneta,

I can think of a few ways to do that. The simplest would also involve
having a separate page for the printable version, but that separate page
would get generated automatically, via the "red links" approach. Here are
the steps:

1) Create one or a set of templates, meant to go into a subpage (like
"/printable" or some such), that do all the necessary formatting. These
templates wouldn't take in any parameters - instead, they would use calls
like "{{#show:{{BASEPAGENAME}}|...}}" to get all the relevant semantic data.

2) Create a simple form that generates a page with that set of templates.

3) Have the "main" pages link to their printable subpage using a semantic
property like "Has printable version" or something.

4) Have that property automatically generate the pages it links to, with
that form, using "Creates pages with form" (see
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/Linking_to_forms#Populating_red-linked_pages_automatically
).

5) And then you're pretty much done. The first time any "main" page is
viewed, its printable subpage should get generated - then you can click on
that link to get there, and print it out. (It may help to click on
"Printable version" in the sidebar.)

-Yaron

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Chmielewski, Aneta <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Yaron,
>
> I would like to print a some contents of a page (only certain templates)
> in a specific format to generate a contract.  I don't need to necessarily
> generate multiple pages just a custom print format.  Any suggestions?
>
> Aneta Chmielewski, M. Sc.
> Research Analyst
> The Joint Department of Medical Imaging
> Mount Sinai Hospital, University Health Network, Women's College Hospital,
> Toronto Rehab
> 2-201 LuCliff Place, 700 Bay Street, Toronto, ON  M5G 1Z6
> Tel: 416-946-4501 x 4035
> E-Mail: [hidden email]
> ________________________________

badon
Populating more than one page turns out to be something that Special:RunQuery could do if it were able to auto-edit existing pages, or auto-populate red linked pages, in a future enhancement. I made a bug report for this enhancement:

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=34150

Right now, it can still be done one page at a time by generating auto-edit links in the Special:RunQuery template, and prompting the user to click on them to create the page or perform the editing action, as described here:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/Linking_to_forms#Modifying_pages_automatically

Re: One form populating two pages

Aneta Chmielewski
Hi Yaron,

Thank you for the explanation I almost got it to work!
I am able to automatically generate a subpage but I'm having problems populating it.
Ie.  What syntax should I use to call parameters from the basepage? Ie. I have a property called Study Title in my basepage how do I call it using the basepage call?

(Note: I have enable subpages).
I am using the following syntax in my printable template which is generating no results:
________________________________
<noinclude>
This is the "Printable" template.
It should be called in the following format:
<pre>
{{Printable
|Study Title=
|PI=
|Study Start Date=
}}
</pre>
Edit the page to see the template text.
</noinclude><includeonly>
{| class="wikitable"
! Protocol Title:
| [[Study Title::{{#show:{{BASEPAGENAME}}|Study Title}}]]
|-
! PI:
|-
! Study Start Date:
| [[Study start date::{{{Study Start Date|}}}]]
|}
</includeonly>