One installation - Many sub-directories

Jim-60
Sorry if you saw this on theMediawiki list but I am trying again:

Is there anyway to install Mediawiki once and have it use the directory
structure of the operating system so I can control rights to even see the
text using permissions on the directories.

For example install to:
mydomain.com/wiki

but have different sections of the wiki exist in different subdirectories
mydomain.com/public/
mydomain.com/private/
mydomain.com/sports/
mydomain.com/work/
etc.

I was trying to figure out a way to do this using the languages type stuff
public.mydomain.com redirect to mydomain.com/public/
private.mydomain.com redirect to mydomain.com/private/
sports.mydomain.com redirect to mydomain.com/sports/
work.mydomain.com redirect to mydomain.com/work/

Or must I install mediawiki multiple times to each of the subdirectories?

Thx in adv,
Jim
--
Jim ([hidden email])
"Our love may not always be reciprocated, or

--
Jim ([hidden email])
"Our love may not always be reciprocated, or
even appreciated, but love is never wasted"
- Neal A Maxwell
---Intersted in Gmail - let me know I have invites---

Re: One installation - Many sub-directories

Iron Bishop-3
Jim ha scritto:
> so I can control rights to even see the
> text using permissions on the directories.

MediaWiki 1.5 comes with user rights inside. You can use different
namespaces instead of folders. See:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_rights

--
Flavio "Iron Bishop" Pastore