Open Web Application Security Project presentation on January 10

Open Web Application Security Project presentation on January 10

Lani Goto
Hi everyone -

We're excited to have a special guest present on the Open Web Application
Security Project
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_The_Open_Web_Application_Security_Project>
. Information security expert Dave Wichers
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Wichers> will will discuss the new OWASP
Top 10 - 2017
<https://www.owasp.org/images/7/72/OWASP_Top_10-2017_%28en%29.pdf.pdf>,
which encompasses the ten most serious web application security risks from
last year.

The OWASP Top 10 is a powerful awareness document for web application
security. It represents a broad consensus about the most critical security
risks to web applications. Project members include a variety of security
experts from around the world who have shared their expertise to produce
this list.

Please join us for this presentation on Wednesday, January 10 at 11:30am PT
(19:30 UTC). You can join remotely via the following:
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf1SfipLLzE
Google Hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wikimedia.
org/hold-owasp-talk
Feel free to use the #wikimedia-office channel on IRC to ask any questions.

Hope to see you then!

--
Lani Goto
Project Assistant, Engineering Admin

Fwd: Open Web Application Security Project presentation on January 10

Erika Bjune
Hi all,

Just a reminder that the OWASP Top 10
<https://www.owasp.org/images/7/72/OWASP_Top_10-2017_%28en%29.pdf.pdf>
presentation
by Dave Wichers <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Wichers> is happening
TODAY in about an hour, at 11:30am PT (19:30 UTC). This is a great
opportunity to get more familiar with the security issues that surface the
most in today's web applications, and what we can do to mitigate against
them. Hope to see you there!

- Erika
------------------------------------
Erika Bjune
Acting Director of Security & Engineering Manager - Search Platform
Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Open Web Application Security Project presentation on January 10

Lani Goto
Reminder that this is starting in about 30 minutes.

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 9:40 AM, Lani Goto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone -
>
> We're excited to have a special guest present on the Open Web Application
> Security Project
> <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_The_Open_Web_Application_Security_Project>
> . Information security expert Dave Wichers
> <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Wichers> will will discuss the new OWASP
> Top 10 - 2017
> <https://www.owasp.org/images/7/72/OWASP_Top_10-2017_%28en%29.pdf.pdf>,
> which encompasses the ten most serious web application security risks from
> last year.
>
> The OWASP Top 10 is a powerful awareness document for web application
> security. It represents a broad consensus about the most critical security
> risks to web applications. Project members include a variety of security
> experts from around the world who have shared their expertise to produce
> this list.
>
> Please join us for this presentation on Wednesday, January 10 at 11:30am
> PT (19:30 UTC). You can join remotely via the following:
> Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf1SfipLLzE
> Google Hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wikimedia.or
> g/hold-owasp-talk
> Feel free to use the #wikimedia-office channel on IRC to ask any
> questions.
>
> Hope to see you then!
>
> --
> Lani Goto
> Project Assistant, Engineering Admin

--
Lani Goto
Project Assistant, Engineering Admin

Re: Open Web Application Security Project presentation on January 10

Lani Goto
Hi everyone -

The video recording and slides from this presentation are now available
here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Security_Team/Training#OWASP_Top_10_-_2017

Thanks!