Open external link in a Wiki frame?

David Aldrich
Hi

I am new to MediaWiki. I would like to add an external link to my Wiki
page but to have the external page open within a frame within the Wiki
page. This will give the user the feeling that he is still within the
Wiki. I do not know whether this is a valid concept but I hope I have
explained my intention adequately. Is this possible in MediaWiki and is
it commonly done?

Best regards

David

Re: Open external link in a Wiki frame?

Ira Abramov
Quoting David Aldrich, from the post of Tue, 06 Jun:
> Hi
>
> I am new to MediaWiki. I would like to add an external link to my Wiki
> page but to have the external page open within a frame within the Wiki
> page. This will give the user the feeling that he is still within the
> Wiki. I do not know whether this is a valid concept but I hope I have
> explained my intention adequately. Is this possible in MediaWiki and is
> it commonly done?

nothing is impossible when you have the Source to play around with, but
I can tell you it sounds iffy. I see very few and extreme needs that
would justify such site mixage. It usually serves more to confuse the
user, maybe anger the owner of the site and information you include in
the Iframe, etc. You'll be better off popping a second tab or window
instead. This is not a technical advice, more an ethical one.

--
Puppet penguin
Ira Abramov