Open external link in a Wiki frame?

David Aldrich
Hi Ira

>You'll be better off popping a second tab or window instead.
>This is not a technical advice, more an ethical one.

Thanks very much for your advice. Please will you tell me how I can open
a new window for the external link in MediaWiki syntax?

Best regards

David

Re: Open external link in a Wiki frame?

Alexis Moinet
cf. somewherre in the FAQ:

in */includes/linker.php*

--> function getExternalLinkAttributes
After

$r = ($class != '') ? " class='$class'" : " class='external'";

add the following code:

$r .= " target=\"_blank\"";