Quantcast

[PF] Session (in)validation on changing IP?

[PF] Session (in)validation on changing IP?

lbillett
I've run into some problems where users loose an edit on which they've spent a lot of time. It's very seldom, and the only thing I've been able to pin down is that their IP address is not static. On clicking a form save/submit button they are immediately directed to Special:UserLogin and are unable to recover their form input (this never happens to me). While I expect this is probably more environment/server related, are there any configuration sensitivities I should be aware of to keep Page Forms happy? I know we end up with users having to log-in again if they've navigated to our wiki from a DNS alias, but that's been a comparatively minor nuisance (not to mention, easy to resolve).

Thanks!

lpab

Re: [PF] Session (in)validation on changing IP?

Yaron Koren-2
Hi,

I've never heard of such a thing happening. Does this ever happen for
regular, non-form edits? If so, it's probably not a Page Forms issue. If
not, I still don't know how it could be avoided, unfortunately.

-Yaron