Quantcast

Page Forms extension - display=table doesn't function in template

Page Forms extension - display=table doesn't function in template

Jacob Vos
Hi,

Page Forms 4.1 is installed. I applied "display=table" within a {{{for
template}}} tag, but on the form the layout for adding subobjects doesn't
change. Are there known issues regarding using this parameter?

Regards,

Jacob Vos

Re: Page Forms extension - display=table doesn't function in template

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Jacob,

I'm not aware of any issues with "display=table". Maybe the display didn't
change because you already were displaying the fields in a table? What
happens if you take out all the wikitext from within that "for template"
block?

-Yaron

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 9:09 AM, Jacob Vos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Page Forms 4.1 is installed. I applied "display=table" within a {{{for
> template}}} tag, but on the form the layout for adding subobjects doesn't
> change. Are there known issues regarding using this parameter?
>

> Regards,
>
> Jacob Vos

Re: Page Forms extension - display=table doesn't function in template

Jacob Vos
Hi Yaron,

I changed the template as follows:

{{{for template|Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut|multiple|display=table|add button text=Voeg attribuut toe voor het bedrijfsobjecttype {{PAGENAME}} }}}

{{{end template}}}

Result: no table format, but an empty (grey) block for each subobject that is present for the page concerned.

-Jacob

Re: Page Forms extension - display=table doesn't function in template

Yaron Koren-2
Ah, I think I see the problem - you still need to specify all the fields
you want displayed, with a {{{field}}} tag for each.

In the future, it may make sense to have an option where the fields are not
specified, and are just taken from the template.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Jacob Vos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Yaron,
>

> I changed the template as follows:
>

> {{{for template|Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut|multiple|display=table|add
> button text=Voeg attribuut toe voor het bedrijfsobjecttype {{PAGENAME}} }}}
>
> {{{end template}}}
>

> Result: no table format, but an empty (grey) block for each subobject that
> is present for the page concerned.
>

> -Jacob

So I changed it back to:

{{{for template|Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut|multiple|display=table|add button text=Voeg attribuut toe voor het bedrijfsobjecttype {{PAGENAME}} }}}

                {{{field|Bedrijfsobjecttype|hidden|default={{PAGENAME}} }}}

                '''Attribuut''' {{{field|Attribuutnaam|mandatory}}}

                '''Toelichting''' {{{field|Toelichting|mandatory}}}

                '''Gegevenswaardendomein''' {{{field|Gegevenswaardendomein|tooltip=Welke mogelijke waarden kan het attribuut krijgen?}}}

                '''Bron standaard''' {{{field|Bron standaard|input type=SF_Select|query=((Category:Standaard));format~list;sep~,;link~none;headers~hide;limit~500}}}

{{{end template}}}

However, that doesn’t solve the problem. I also tried removing the labels (the ones between ‘’’), but also that didn’t help.

-Jacob

Re: Page Forms extension - display=table doesn't function in template

Yaron Koren-2
Hi,

I don't know - I'm guessing that this is a private wiki, so it's hard for
me to know what's going on. Could you send me the HTML for the displayed
form?

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Jacob Vos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So I changed it back to:
>

> {{{for template|Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut|multiple|display=table|add
> button text=Voeg attribuut toe voor het bedrijfsobjecttype {{PAGENAME}} }}}
>
>                 {{{field|Bedrijfsobjecttype|hidden|default={{PAGENAME}}
> }}}
>
>                 '''Attribuut''' {{{field|Attribuutnaam|mandatory}}}
>
>                 '''Toelichting''' {{{field|Toelichting|mandatory}}}
>
>                 '''Gegevenswaardendomein''' {{{field|
> Gegevenswaardendomein|tooltip=Welke mogelijke waarden kan het attribuut
> krijgen?}}}
>
>                 '''Bron standaard''' {{{field|Bron standaard|input
> type=SF_Select|query=((Category:Standaard));format~
> list;sep~,;link~none;headers~hide;limit~500}}}
>
> {{{end template}}}
>

> However, that doesn’t solve the problem. I also tried removing the labels
> (the ones between ‘’’), but also that didn’t help.
>

> -Jacob

Markus Heckmann
Hi Yaron,

The template (all I have right now) looks like this:

<noinclude>
This is a Parameter Page Template

{{#cargo_declare:_table=ParPage|OPFamily=String (allowed values=COMP,TOP,CHOP,SOP,MAT,DAT)|OPType=String|Pagename=String|Pageorder=Integer|Common=Boolean}}
</noinclude>
<includeonly>
== Parameters - {{{Pagename|}}} Page ==
</includeonly>

I created a user for wiki.project1.net with this login, if you like to have a look yourself:

Tester
K6fgWZviCNV2-vqj

I also did check the access rights and my db user has granted superuser attributes.

Cheers
Markus

I don't know - I'm guessing that this is a private wiki, so it's hard for me to know what's going on. Could you send me the HTML for the displayed form?

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Jacob Vos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So I changed it back to:
>

> {{{for
> template|Bedrijfsobjecttype-attribuut|multiple|display=table|add
> button text=Voeg attribuut toe voor het bedrijfsobjecttype
> {{PAGENAME}} }}}
>

> {{{field|Bedrijfsobjecttype|hidden|default={{PAGENAME}}
> }}}
>
>                 '''Attribuut''' {{{field|Attribuutnaam|mandatory}}}
>
>                 '''Toelichting''' {{{field|Toelichting|mandatory}}}
>
>                 '''Gegevenswaardendomein''' {{{field|
> Gegevenswaardendomein|tooltip=Welke mogelijke waarden kan het
> Gegevenswaardendomein|attribuut
> krijgen?}}}
>
>                 '''Bron standaard''' {{{field|Bron standaard|input
> type=SF_Select|query=((Category:Standaard));format~
> list;sep~,;link~none;headers~hide;limit~500}}}
>
> {{{end template}}}
>

> However, that doesn’t solve the problem. I also tried removing the
> labels (the ones between ‘’’), but also that didn’t help.
>

> -Jacob

Hi Markus,

It looks like you replied to the wrong thread - and you should probably
change that password now - but I was able to see the problem myself. I
can't explain it, other than to say that Postgres support might no longer
be working, maybe as of MW 1.28. (The database code in MediaWiki has
changed somewhat recently, which may or may not be related to the issue.)

-Yaron

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Markus Heckmann <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Yaron,
>
> The template (all I have right now) looks like this:
>
> <noinclude>
> This is a Parameter Page Template
>
> {{#cargo_declare:_table=ParPage|OPFamily=String (allowed
> values=COMP,TOP,CHOP,SOP,MAT,DAT)|OPType=String|Pagename=
> String|Pageorder=Integer|Common=Boolean}}
> </noinclude>
> <includeonly>
> == Parameters - {{{Pagename|}}} Page ==
> </includeonly>
>
> I created a user for wiki.project1.net with this login, if you like to
> have a look yourself:
>
> Tester
> K6fgWZviCNV2-vqj
>
> I also did check the access rights and my db user has granted superuser
> attributes.
>
> Cheers
> Markus

If anyone is wondering about this, it turned out not to be a bug - just
some confusion about what exactly "display=table" is supposed to output.