Page's Intro Is Empty In the API Response

Page's Intro Is Empty In the API Response

Tal Barda
Hi there!

I'm trying to generate 10 random articles in Hebrew using this request:

As you can see, I'd like to get their intro, but some of the articles' intro is empty in the API response, even though it's not empty in Wikipedia itself.

I have tried to make the same request in English, and I the problem didn't happen.

This is the first time I encounter this weird problem after making this request in my App for over a year... Am I missing something? Is there any new information that I should add to the request or it's just a bug?

Thanks!

Re: Page's Intro Is Empty In the API Response

Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
It's probably a side effect of a change in MediaWiki that went out this week. Try purging the pages with the empty response.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Tal Barda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there!

I'm trying to generate 10 random articles in Hebrew using this request:

As you can see, I'd like to get their intro, but some of the articles' intro is empty in the API response, even though it's not empty in Wikipedia itself.

I have tried to make the same request in English, and I the problem didn't happen.

This is the first time I encounter this weird problem after making this request in my App for over a year... Am I missing something? Is there any new information that I should add to the request or it's just a bug?

Thanks!

Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Senior Software Engineer

Re: Page's Intro Is Empty In the API Response

Tal Barda
Thanks for the answer.
Do you think it's gonna be fixed any time soon?

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 6 בספט׳ 2018 ב-22:53 מאת ‪Brad Jorsch (Anomie)‬‏ <‪[hidden email]‬‏>:‬