Pages which can take parameters

Schneider, Martin
Hello all,

Perhaps this is very simple but I don't understand it.

In my SMW most of my pages represent instances of some datatype.
Each datatype is represented as a template e.g. Template: MyDataType
and this will be used like this:
{{MyDataType
|id=xy123
|name=name123
|model=someData

The id is unique, the name may have doubles.

In the template I have a sparql query which delivers those entities of the same datatype and the same name.
Now I want to compare the pages with the same name. I don't see any problem to do this on the same page, perhaps in a collapsible table.

But some of these datatypes have rather many attributes, so I want to display the comparison on an extra page.
I thought to have one page "MyDataTypeDifferences" which would contain the format for the difference table but then I would have to add parameters to the link, i.e. the ids of the two entities.

And I don't know how to do this. Do you know a possibility?

Best regards,
Martin

Re: Pages which can take parameters

Schneider, Martin
Hi all,

I still have no idea about this.

Until now I have received no answer.
It may be that the problem is trivial, so nobody wants to answer it or it is not solvable or my description of the problem is not understandable.

Perhaps I can put it more generally and probably this concerns more MediaWiki than SMW.

I simply want to link to another page inside my wiki and the same time give two parameters to it.
But I have not yet found any possibility to do this.

I have looked up the mediawiki help on internal links (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Links and http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Links) but there I don't find anything.

And I simply have no idea where else to look.
Could anyone give me a pointer how to do this or where to look further?

Best regards,
Martin

Perhaps this is very simple but I don't understand it.

In my SMW most of my pages represent instances of some datatype.
Each datatype is represented as a template e.g. Template: MyDataType
and this will be used like this:
{{MyDataType
|id=xy123
|name=name123
|model=someData

The id is unique, the name may have doubles.

In the template I have a sparql query which delivers those entities of the same datatype and the same name.
Now I want to compare the pages with the same name. I don't see any problem to do this on the same page, perhaps in a collapsible table.

But some of these datatypes have rather many attributes, so I want to display the comparison on an extra page.
I thought to have one page "MyDataTypeDifferences" which would contain the format for the difference table but then I would have to add parameters to the link, i.e. the ids of the two entities.

And I don't know how to do this. Do you know a possibility?

Best regards,
Martin

Re: Pages which can take parameters

Stephan Gambke-2
There is several approaches:
* a parametrized link to Special:Ask [1]
* a parametrized link to Special:RunQuery [2]
* static pages generated automatically [3]

Cheers,
Stephan

[1] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Special:Ask
[2] www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/Creating_query_forms
[3] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/Linking_to_forms#Populating_red-linked_pages_automatically

On 7 April 2014 10:38, Schneider, Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I still have no idea about this.
>
> Until now I have received no answer.
> It may be that the problem is trivial, so nobody wants to answer it or it is not solvable or my description of the problem is not understandable.
>
> Perhaps I can put it more generally and probably this concerns more MediaWiki than SMW.
>
> I simply want to link to another page inside my wiki and the same time give two parameters to it.
> But I have not yet found any possibility to do this.
>
> I have looked up the mediawiki help on internal links (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Links and http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Links) but there I don't find anything.
>
> And I simply have no idea where else to look.
> Could anyone give me a pointer how to do this or where to look further?
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

Tom Kronenburg
Hi Martin,

I used the #formlink to do this. It basically creates a form,  that then already contains some information which I set based on the page from which you click.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/Linking_to_forms

I think this approach would help you out.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Tom Kronenburg

drs. T. Kronenburg

Twitter: @pblq        LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/pblq        Tom Kronenburg: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/tomkronenburg

PBLQ | Voor een sterke publieke sector
Postbus 18607 | 2502 EP Den Haag | Van de Spiegelstraat 12 | 2518 ET Den Haag | T: 070 376 36 36 | F: 070 351 52 82 | M: 06 55 77 83 53 | I: www.pblq.nl | KvK: 27344793 | Disclaimer: http://www.pblq.nl/disclaimer

TNS Nipo onderzoek: PBLQ ROI de beste dienstverlener opleiding en training: http://www.pblq.nl/roi/pblq-roi/pblq-roi-beste-opleider-publieke-sector

Wilt u op de hoogte blijven van de activiteiten van PBLQ? Meld u aan voor de PBLQ nieuwsbrief via: http://www.pblq.nl/formulieren/nieuwsbrief