Pagination in mediawiki

George Alexandru Dudău
Hi everybody,

How can i make pagination from database query in mediawiki? I want to
show just 25 items on a page.

I make an extension who query database and show in a page the result,
but are too many (2000 items).
My code is:
"$dbr =& wfGetDB( DB_SLAVE );
$res = $dbr->select( 'tabel', array('id','row1','row2') );
$wgOut->addHTML ("<table>");
while ( $row = $dbr->fetchObject( $res ) ) {
$wgOut->addHTML ("<tr><td>" .
     $row->id . "</td><td>" .
         $row->row1 . "</td><td>" .
         $row->row2 . "</td>");
}

The result is:

ID     ROW1    ROW2
1        row1       row2
2        row1        row2
3        row1       row2

1000  row1      row2
1001  row1      row2

Please, if you know or you have a link from where i must learn this,
tell me.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you,
Geo

--
George Alexandru Dudău
CORE IT MEX - Grupul de firme MOBEXPERT

Tel : +40 21 2421040-1139
http://www.itmex.ro

Re: Pagination in mediawiki

Tim Starling-2
George Alexandru Dudău wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> How can i make pagination from database query in mediawiki? I want to
> show just 25 items on a page.
>
> I make an extension who query database and show in a page the result,
> but are too many (2000 items).
> My code is:
> "$dbr =& wfGetDB( DB_SLAVE );
> $res = $dbr->select( 'tabel', array('id','row1','row2') );
> $wgOut->addHTML ("<table>");
> while ( $row = $dbr->fetchObject( $res ) ) {
> $wgOut->addHTML ("<tr><td>" .
>      $row->id . "</td><td>" .
>          $row->row1 . "</td><td>" .
>          $row->row2 . "</td>");
> }
>
> The result is:
>
> ID     ROW1    ROW2
> 1        row1       row2
> 2        row1        row2
> 3        row1       row2
>
> 1000  row1      row2
> 1001  row1      row2
>
> Please, if you know or you have a link from where i must learn this,
> tell me.

Use the TablePager class. It is very cool. I may be biased since I did
write it, but it is one of my favourites. The documentation is in the
source.

-- Tim Starling

Re: Pagination in mediawiki

Jan Steinman
> From: George Alexandru Dud?u <[hidden email]>
>
> How can i make pagination from database query in mediawiki? I want to
> show just 25 items on a page.

I just posted a hack to SQL2Wiki that does this:
        http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SQL2Wiki

My changed version is on the talk page:
        http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:SQL2Wiki#Enhancements

WARNING: only use this extension if you trust your user base. It
should NOT be installed an a system where anyone can create an account
that is capable of editing pages!

:::: The white man seeks to conquer nature, to bend it to his will and
to use it wastefully until it’s all gone and then he simply moves on,
leaving the waste behind him and looking for new places to take. The
whole white race is a monster who is always hungry and what he eats is
land. — Chiksika, elder brother of Tecumseh, March 19, 1779
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.Bytesmiths.com