Parser function for storing semantic data fails for new pages

Parser function for storing semantic data fails for new pages

Michael Erdmann

Dear SMW developers,

when implementing a parser function that adds some semantic data to a page I see some funny behavior that I cannot explain.

  • When adding the parser function to a page and saving it, the parser function gets called, its output is displayed and I get the expected facts available for queries and in the fact box. That is good.
  • When creating a new page (directly or with SemanticForms) and adding the parser function to the page before the initial save happens, the parser function gets called, its output is displayed BUT I DO NOT GET the expected facts. That is NOT good.

Since parser functions are not registered to any specific hooks I am lost here, why SMW seems to behave differently for the initial and for later save-actions.

Has anyone noticed the same "error" before? How can I prevent it? As a last resort I would even like to know of a patch for MW or SMW.

thanks,

   michael

--
Dr. Michael Erdmann    |    [hidden email]    |   +49 151 6140 1790
DIQA Projektmanagement GmbH | Pfinztalstr. 90 | 76227 Karlsruhe, Germany