Payment in return

Jon Harald Søby
Today I got an email from PayPal notifying me that the payment I made
for Wikimania had been returned. It said something about it having to
be manually confirmed, and that that had not happened, so I got the
money in return. This is obviously not the way it is supposed to be,
so I wonder what I should do about it?

--
Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by

Re: Payment in return

Austin Hair
2010/8/4 Jon Harald Søby <[hidden email]>:
> Today I got an email from PayPal notifying me that the payment I made
> for Wikimania had been returned. It said something about it having to
> be manually confirmed, and that that had not happened, so I got the
> money in return. This is obviously not the way it is supposed to be,
> so I wonder what I should do about it?

I've heard from a few other people today saying the exact same
thing—I'll follow up with the person who has access to that account
and see if I can get to the bottom of this.

Austin

Re: Payment in return

Andrew Gray-3
On 4 August 2010 18:18, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/8/4 Jon Harald Søby <[hidden email]>:
>> Today I got an email from PayPal notifying me that the payment I made
>> for Wikimania had been returned. It said something about it having to
>> be manually confirmed, and that that had not happened, so I got the
>> money in return. This is obviously not the way it is supposed to be,
>> so I wonder what I should do about it?
>
> I've heard from a few other people today saying the exact same
> thing—I'll follow up with the person who has access to that account
> and see if I can get to the bottom of this.

Any luck on this? I was clearing out my inbox today and noticed a
Paypal returns notification stating much the same thing. I'd hate to
leave it unpaid!

--
- Andrew Gray

Re: Payment in return

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Andrew Gray, 11/08/2010 23:51:
> On 4 August 2010 18:18, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I've heard from a few other people today saying the exact same
>> thing—I'll follow up with the person who has access to that account
>> and see if I can get to the bottom of this.
>
> Any luck on this? I was clearing out my inbox today and noticed a
> Paypal returns notification stating much the same thing. I'd hate to
> leave it unpaid!

Same issue here (payment returned on August 4).

Nemo

Re: Payment in return

Sylvain Boissel
Same thing for me (I have been refunded on August 3) and several other users reported the same thing too on the French Chapter mailing list.

2010/8/11 Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]>
Andrew Gray, 11/08/2010 23:51:
> On 4 August 2010 18:18, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I've heard from a few other people today saying the exact same
>> thing—I'll follow up with the person who has access to that account
>> and see if I can get to the bottom of this.
>
> Any luck on this? I was clearing out my inbox today and noticed a
> Paypal returns notification stating much the same thing. I'd hate to
> leave it unpaid!

Same issue here (payment returned on August 4).

Nemo

Re: Payment in return

Peter Gehres
I got the same message from PayPal and then after the first notification on the list I got another email stating that my payment had been accepted.  My credit card statement confirms this.

Peter

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Sylvain Boissel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Same thing for me (I have been refunded on August 3) and several other users reported the same thing too on the French Chapter mailing list.

2010/8/11 Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]>

Andrew Gray, 11/08/2010 23:51:
> On 4 August 2010 18:18, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I've heard from a few other people today saying the exact same
>> thing—I'll follow up with the person who has access to that account
>> and see if I can get to the bottom of this.
>
> Any luck on this? I was clearing out my inbox today and noticed a
> Paypal returns notification stating much the same thing. I'd hate to
> leave it unpaid!

Same issue here (payment returned on August 4).

Nemo

Re: Payment in return

Jon Harald Søby
Any news on this?

2010/8/12 Peter Gehres <[hidden email]>:

> I got the same message from PayPal and then after the first notification on
> the list I got another email stating that my payment had been accepted.  My
> credit card statement confirms this.
> Peter
>
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Sylvain Boissel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Same thing for me (I have been refunded on August 3) and several other
>> users reported the same thing too on the French Chapter mailing list.
>>
>> 2010/8/11 Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Andrew Gray, 11/08/2010 23:51:

>>> Same issue here (payment returned on August 4).
>>>
>>> Nemo

Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by

Re: Payment in return

Takashi OTA
Hi lists, and Wikimania Gdansk participants,

After four months, I've got a notification of my (refunded) payment finally,
and payment, from Kristin.

--Takashi

2010/9/1 Jon Harald Søby <[hidden email]>:

> Any news on this?
>
> 2010/8/12 Peter Gehres <[hidden email]>:
>> I got the same message from PayPal and then after the first notification on
>> the list I got another email stating that my payment had been accepted.  My
>> credit card statement confirms this.
>> Peter
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Sylvain Boissel
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Same thing for me (I have been refunded on August 3) and several other
>>> users reported the same thing too on the French Chapter mailing list.

> Jon Harald Søby
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by

Re: Payment in return

Deryck Chan
At the Wikimania, I tried to pay by cash but they would only accept cash payment for the conference and not the accommodation. After months of continuously hearing people's payments for everything being refunded, I gave up and donated what I owed Gdansk to my local chapters instead.

Deryck (WMHK / WMUK)