Phabricator Login Error

RhinosF1 Wikipedia
Hi all,
Is there any reason Phabricator accounts would be marked not approved?
I've not noticed this happening before but there's been a report on IRC
(see
https://wm-bot.wmflabs.org/logs/%23wikimedia-tech/20190404.txt) by
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Dusti/ saying they are getting the
error:  'Your account has been created, but needs to be approved by an
administrator. You'll receive an email once your account is approved.' (see
https://snag.gy/InXbLz.jpg)

Can someone approve and clarify what's happened?

Re: Phabricator Login Error

K. Peachey-2
It's a anti-spam measure, One of the Phab administrators will approve
when available.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 18:28, RhinosF1 Wikipedia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is there any reason Phabricator accounts would be marked not approved?
> I've not noticed this happening before but there's been a report on IRC
> (see
> https://wm-bot.wmflabs.org/logs/%23wikimedia-tech/20190404.txt) by
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Dusti/ saying they are getting the
> error:  'Your account has been created, but needs to be approved by an
> administrator. You'll receive an email once your account is approved.' (see
> https://snag.gy/InXbLz.jpg)
>

> Can someone approve and clarify what's happened?

Re: Phabricator Login Error

RhinosF1 Wikipedia
Do we know when it was implemented and why? Is it part of the response to
earlier security issues?

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 09:51, K. Peachey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's a anti-spam measure, One of the Phab administrators will approve
> when available.
>
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 18:28, RhinosF1 Wikipedia <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > Is there any reason Phabricator accounts would be marked not approved?
> > I've not noticed this happening before but there's been a report on IRC
> > (see
> > https://wm-bot.wmflabs.org/logs/%23wikimedia-tech/20190404.txt) by
> > https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Dusti/ saying they are getting the
> > error:  'Your account has been created, but needs to be approved by an
> > administrator. You'll receive an email once your account is approved.'
> (see
> > https://snag.gy/InXbLz.jpg)
> >

> > Can someone approve and clarify what's happened?

Re: Phabricator Login Error

K. Peachey-2
It's been used on and off as required for the past few years.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 18:55, RhinosF1 Wikipedia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do we know when it was implemented and why? Is it part of the response to earlier security issues?
>
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 09:51, K. Peachey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It's a anti-spam measure, One of the Phab administrators will approve
>> when available.
>>
>> On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 18:28, RhinosF1 Wikipedia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> > Is there any reason Phabricator accounts would be marked not approved?
>> > I've not noticed this happening before but there's been a report on IRC
>> > (see
>> > https://wm-bot.wmflabs.org/logs/%23wikimedia-tech/20190404.txt) by
>> > https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Dusti/ saying they are getting the
>> > error:  'Your account has been created, but needs to be approved by an
>> > administrator. You'll receive an email once your account is approved.' (see
>> > https://snag.gy/InXbLz.jpg)
>> >

>> > Can someone approve and clarify what's happened?

Re: Phabricator Login Error

RhinosF1 Wikipedia
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

User is still in -tech channel. I've looked through the Phab Admin list and
it looks like most are US/Canda based so they might be best waiting until
later.

Thanks for the help

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 09:59, K. Peachey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's been used on and off as required for the past few years.
>
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 18:55, RhinosF1 Wikipedia <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Do we know when it was implemented and why? Is it part of the response
> to earlier security issues?
> >
> > On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 09:51, K. Peachey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> It's a anti-spam measure, One of the Phab administrators will approve
> >> when available.

> IRC
> the
> approved.' (see

Re: Phabricator Login Error

Andre Klapper-2
On Thu, 2019-04-04 at 09:55 +0100, RhinosF1 Wikipedia wrote:
> Do we know when it was implemented and why? Is it part of the
> response to earlier security issues?

Yes.

Best place to bring up Phabricator questions is
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Phabricator/Help
which is linked from the Phabricator front page.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Phabricator Login Error

RhinosF1 Wikipedia
Thanks!