Phabricator primary database master switchover (read-only required) Thursday 25th July 05:30 AM UTC

Phabricator primary database master switchover (read-only required) Thursday 25th July 05:30 AM UTC

Manuel Arostegui
Hello,

On Thursday 25th July at 05:30 AM UTC we will switchover our current
primary database master for m3 (phabricator) from db1072 to db1128.+
This is the tracking task for this maintenance:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T228243

db1072, the current db master, is old, and out of warranty and will be
replaced by db1128, a newer and more powerful host.

Impact:
The switchover will require a few minutes of read-only on phabricator, so
nothing will be allowed to be written.
Reads will remain unaffected

Communication will happen on #wikimedia-operations

Thanks
Manuel.

Re: Phabricator primary database master switchover (read-only required) Thursday 25th July 05:30 AM UTC

Manuel Arostegui
Hello,

This maintenance will start in 30 minutes.

Thanks
Manuel.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 10:37 AM Manuel Arostegui <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thursday 25th July at 05:30 AM UTC we will switchover our current
> primary database master for m3 (phabricator) from db1072 to db1128.+
> This is the tracking task for this maintenance:
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T228243
>
> db1072, the current db master, is old, and out of warranty and will be
> replaced by db1128, a newer and more powerful host.
>
> Impact:
> The switchover will require a few minutes of read-only on phabricator, so
> nothing will be allowed to be written.
> Reads will remain unaffected
>
> Communication will happen on #wikimedia-operations
>
> Thanks
> Manuel.

Re: Phabricator primary database master switchover (read-only required) Thursday 25th July 05:30 AM UTC

Manuel Arostegui
Hello,

This has been done.
Phabricator read only start: 05:30:44
Phabricator read only stop: 05:31:37

Total read-only time: 53 seconds

Thanks Mukunda for being around to handle the phabricator side of things.

Manuel.