Phantom article names appearing when querying

Phantom article names appearing when querying

St-Germain, Jimmy
Dear Mediawikites,

When querying, I find a few results which points to uncreated articles (in red font).

The uncreated articles have the distinction of having the almost exact same titles as created and fully functional articles. The only difference I can see is a difference in uppercase / lowercase.

For example, in a query result, I would get the following:

Aaaaa
Baaaa (blue link)
baaaa (red link)
Caaaa
Daaaa

I don't want to create article baaaa, I actually want it to disappear from results.

I suspect that these spurious article titles were actually created some time ago and either deleted or renamed.

Any hint?

Thanks!

Jimmy St-Germain
Coordinator, Music Service Department | Legal and Business Affairs
8400, 2nd avenue, Montréal (Qc), Canada, H1Z 4M6
(514) 723-7646 ext. 7178

Re: Phantom article names appearing when querying

St-Germain, Jimmy
Any ideas anyone?

Re: Phantom article names appearing when querying

lbillett
St-Germain, Jimmy wrote
When querying, I find a few results which points to uncreated articles (in red font).

The uncreated articles have the distinction of having the almost exact same titles as created and fully functional articles. The only difference I can see is a difference in uppercase / lowercase.
Jimmy,

I had gotten into some weird behaviour with article deletion a while back where the property assignment/update wasn't getting triggered. Creation and edits worked fine, but I found myself having to re-recreate, blank, THEN delete articles to get the property values un-assigned. But that was back a few versions. What SMW version are you on?

The bit about upper/lower case. Could maybe be related to database schema settings? I've often toyed with the idea of changing things on the back end to make the whole wiki case-insensitive, but ultimately decided that for my level (zero) of administration skills, this would be a cowboy move. I could only speculate on how that might confound property storage.

If rebuildData.php [1] is run and the issue doesn't resolve, I'd be suspicious about 2nd item.

lpab

[1] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Maintenance_script_%22rebuildData.php%22

Re: Phantom article names appearing when querying

St-Germain, Jimmy
Hello Lucas,

I have asked our IT Dept. to launch rebuildData.php. We'll see how that works out.

Thanks for the tip!

Jimmy St-Germain
Coordinator, Music Service Department | Legal and Business Affairs
8400, 2nd avenue, Montréal (Qc), Canada, H1Z 4M6
(514) 723-7646 ext. 7178
[hidden email]

> When querying, I find a few results which points to uncreated articles
> (in red font).
>
> The uncreated articles have the distinction of having the almost exact
> same titles as created and fully functional articles. The only
> difference I can see is a difference in uppercase / lowercase.

Jimmy,

I had gotten into some weird behaviour with article deletion a while back where the property assignment/update wasn't getting triggered. Creation and edits worked fine, but I found myself having to re-recreate, blank, THEN delete articles to get the property values un-assigned. But that was back a few versions. What SMW version are you on?

The bit about upper/lower case. Could maybe be related to database schema settings? I've often toyed with the idea of changing things on the back end to make the whole wiki case-insensitive, but ultimately decided that for my level (zero) of administration skills, this would be a cowboy move. I could only speculate on how that might confound property storage.

If rebuildData.php [1] is run and the issue doesn't resolve, I'd be suspicious about 2nd item.

lpab

[1]
https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Maintenance_script_%22rebuildData.php%22

Re: Phantom article names appearing when querying

lbillett
St-Germain, Jimmy wrote
> When querying, I find a few results which points to uncreated articles
> (in red font).
Also, verify where/how you're getting you're output. If you're using template formats, there's no reason there couldn't be some issues there. That the output is coming up exactly how it's supposed to.

lpab