Picasa has Creative Commons search!

David Gerard-2
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2009-06-11-n19.html

- d.

Re: Picasa has Creative Commons search!

Magnus Manske-2
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM, David Gerard<[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2009-06-11-n19.html

Nice! I've added an option to my FIST [1] image search tool.
Unfortunately, there is no search for a precise CC license, so you can
end up with NC ones as well.

Cheers,
Magnus

[1] http://toolserver.org/~magnus/fist.php

Re: Picasa has Creative Commons search!

Mike Linksvayer-2
On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Magnus
Manske<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM, David Gerard<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2009-06-11-n19.html
>
> Nice! I've added an option to my FIST [1] image search tool.
> Unfortunately, there is no search for a precise CC license, so you can
> end up with NC ones as well.

If the license distribution on Picasa is similar to
http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons (and it seems to be based on a
small number of trial queries), you'd weed out 2x as much nonfree
stuff by excluding NC than by excluding ND.

Of course they ought to allow both filters to operate on a single query...

Mike

p.s. FIST Is a Superneat Tool! I was going to say nice, but couldn't
resist the recursive acronym. FWIW http://www.23hq.com/23/search/ also
allows filtering by license though I don't know how amenable to
integration it is -- search seems to use AJAX.