Pictures and Text

Frederich, Eric P21322
Hi,

A lot of what I am using our wiki for is how-to guides with a lot of
screen shots.
I have found that even if I place an image in a section it may be
displayed in another section.
The only way I have found to make sure that the instructions are placed
next to the screen shot they pertain to is to put them both in a table
and separate each of the tables with a horizontal dividing line (this is
shown below).
My problem with this is that it defeats the purpose of a wiki in that it
is no longer easy to edit by average Joe.
Is there another method to get pictures and related text to be put
together in a nice way?
Some of our pages have 12 or so screen shots with 3 or 4 instructions
per each screen shot.

{|
|-

# do this
# then this
# and finally this

[[Image:some picture.jpg|thumb|200 px]]
|}

----
{|
|-

# one
# two
# buckle your shoe

[[Image:another picture.jpg|thumb|200 px]]
|}

Thanks,
~Eric

Re: Pictures and Text

Anders Wegge Keller
"Frederich, Eric  P2173" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Is there another method to get pictures and related text to be put
> together in a nice way?
> Some of our pages have 12 or so screen shots with 3 or 4 instructions
> per each screen shot.

 The minimal impact is probably adding <br style="clear: both;" />
between each image.

--
// Wegge

Min begrundelse for at betragte Arne Wilstrup som en paphat:
<http://wiki.wegge.dk/Usenet_personligheder>

Re: Pictures and Text

Joshua Yeidel
If you put the table code in a template, it should be pretty easy for "Joe"
to edit;  something like

{{howtowithpix| <!--steps follow this line-->
#step one
#step two
#step three
| <!--Image link follows this line-->
Image:firstthreesteps.jgp
}}

The template I used was:

{|
|-
|{{{1}}}
|{{{2}}}
|}

-- Joshua

On 6/2/06 7:06 AM, "Frederich, Eric  P2173" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A lot of what I am using our wiki for is how-to guides with a lot of
> screen shots.
> I have found that even if I place an image in a section it may be
> displayed in another section.
> The only way I have found to make sure that the instructions are placed
> next to the screen shot they pertain to is to put them both in a table
> and separate each of the tables with a horizontal dividing line (this is
> shown below).
> My problem with this is that it defeats the purpose of a wiki in that it
> is no longer easy to edit by average Joe.
> Is there another method to get pictures and related text to be put
> together in a nice way?
> Some of our pages have 12 or so screen shots with 3 or 4 instructions
> per each screen shot.
>
> {|
> |-
> |
> # do this
> # then this
> # and finally this
> |
> [[Image:some picture.jpg|thumb|200 px]]
> |}
>
> ----
> {|
> |-
> |
> # one
> # two
> # buckle your shoe
> |
> [[Image:another picture.jpg|thumb|200 px]]
> |}
>

> Thanks,
> ~Eric

Re: Pictures and Text

Frederich, Eric P21322
Thanks.  That seemed to do the job except now if I wanted the pictures
to be on the right and I have a wide monitor it is hard to line the text
up with the image.  So I tried to put a horizontal dividing line between
and noticed the horizontal line didn't go all the way across and stopped
at the picture.
Is there a way to get the line to go all the way across?

Thanks,
~Eric

"Frederich, Eric  P2173" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Is there another method to get pictures and related text to be put
> together in a nice way?
> Some of our pages have 12 or so screen shots with 3 or 4 instructions
> per each screen shot.

 The minimal impact is probably adding <br style="clear: both;" />
between each image.

--
// Wegge

Min begrundelse for at betragte Arne Wilstrup som en paphat:
<http://wiki.wegge.dk/Usenet_personligheder>

Re: Pictures and Text

Frederich, Eric P21322
Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind but then I still need one of
those per picture and honestly the use of a template instead of a table
isn't that big of a difference.  They both look about the same.  The use
of a template would help if I wanted to make some global changes.

{{howtowithpix|
#step one
#step two
#step three