Planning spreadsheet for WikiConference USA 2016

Planning spreadsheet for WikiConference USA 2016

Pine W
Hi all,

I shared a planning spreadsheet for WikiConference USA 2016 in Seattle. (This year's conference is on the other coast. Please book your flights and hotels for the correct Washington for each event.)

The 2016 planning spreadsheet link is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c8MZGLtdovIkZNa3B0OusY2ma00Fiu6WR3IvHVwl9b0/edit?usp=sharing

* The document is visible to the general public. Feel free to share the link.

* Please refrain from adding anything to the doc that shouldn't be public, like private phone numbers.

* Currently, board members and officers of Cascadia Wikimedians have edit permissions for the document. Selected members of likely partner organizations (WMF, Wiki Ed Foundation, WMNY, and WMDC) have permission to post comments in the doc. If anyone needs more permissions than they have, then please email Peaceray or I to request a permissions change.

* Planning is in the early stages, and this event is likely to be at least a year from now. Particularly important issues that are still to be determined are:
1. Will OpenStreetMap USA have a joint event with us?
2. Will the Seattle GNU/Linux (SeaGL) Conference have a joint event with us?
3. When will the event take place?
4. Does the UW have the capacity to host the estimated number of attendees during the days that are selected for the conference?

More info in the months ahead.

Regards,

Pine

Re: Planning spreadsheet for WikiConference USA 2016

metasj
Hello all,

This is lovely.   Thanks to the future conferencers.

Could someone do the same for WCUSA 2015?  I know it is planned to be October 9-11 at the National Archives, but haven't yet seen information beyond that - about what it will be like, what tasks remain to be done, and how to help (promote, organize, anything :-)

W<3,
Sam

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266

Re: Planning spreadsheet for WikiConference USA 2016

Pine W
Hi Sam,

The 2015 conference lead organizers are WMDC and Wiki Ed. I am hopeful that we'll get an update this week, now that Wikimania is finished.

Pine

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          <a href="tel:%2B1%20617%20529%204266" value="+16175294266" target="_blank">+1 617 529 4266

Re: [Wikimedia Cascadia] Planning spreadsheet for WikiConference USA 2016

James Hare-3
We (publicly) announced the conference just a few hours ago. An announcement for broader circulation will be released soon.

James Hare
President, Wikimedia DC
http://wikimediadc.org
@wikimediadc

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Jon Beasley-Murray wrote:

Indirectly, I’ve gleaned news about this year’s conference at http://wikiconferenceusa.org/wiki/2015/Main_Page.

I guess it must have been advertised somewhere, as applications for scholarships (http://wikiconferenceusa.org/wiki/2015/Scholarships) have been open for five days already.

Take care

Jon