Please help with inputbox extension

Yandry Perez Clemente

Hi:

I am Yandry Perez from Cuba, sorry for this silly question but I am new to MediaWiki and PHP and I can't get this extension to work.

1. I copied inputbox.php to mediawiki/extensions
2. I put the line require_once('extensions/inputbox.php') in LocalSettings.php

Where should I put:

   <inputbox>
      type=create
   </inputbox>

and it's actually what I have to? I think I am absolutely wrong... Please correct me!

best regards,

Yandry.

Re: Please help with inputbox extension

Chris Earle (CBL)
You simply put that in any wiki article you are writing

--
Chris

"Yandry Perez Clemente"
<[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:[hidden email]...

> Hi:
>
> I am Yandry Perez from Cuba, sorry for this silly question but I am new to
MediaWiki and PHP and I can't get this extension to work.

> 1. I copied inputbox.php to mediawiki/extensions
> 2. I put the line require_once('extensions/inputbox.php') in
LocalSettings.php

> Where should I put:
>
>    <inputbox>
>       type=create
>    </inputbox>
>
> and it's actually what I have to? I think I am absolutely wrong... Please
correct me!

> best regards,
>
> Yandry.

Re: Please help with inputbox extension

Gary Kirk
For example, on my Main Page and in the Newbies Guide, I have this:

<inputbox>
type=create
default=Create a new article!</inputbox>

which has "Create a new article!" as the text already in the box, so
users know what it's for.
~~~~

On 10/4/06, Chris Earle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You simply put that in any wiki article you are writing
>
> --
> Chris
>
> "Yandry Perez Clemente"
> <[hidden email]> wrote in
> message news:[hidden email]...
> >
> > Hi:
> >
> > I am Yandry Perez from Cuba, sorry for this silly question but I am new to
> MediaWiki and PHP and I can't get this extension to work.
> >
> > 1. I copied inputbox.php to mediawiki/extensions
> > 2. I put the line require_once('extensions/inputbox.php') in
> LocalSettings.php
> >
> > Where should I put:
> >
> >    <inputbox>
> >       type=create
> >    </inputbox>
> >
> > and it's actually what I have to? I think I am absolutely wrong... Please
> correct me!
> >
> > best regards,
> >
> > Yandry.

Gary Kirk

Re: Please help with inputbox extension

KlinT
Try to add something like this in a wiki page :

<inputbox>
type=create
width=70
break=no
</inputbox>

In order to user this extension, you have to configure your
installation :

Download the extension : inputbox.php and put it in the extensions
folder, then add the following line  in your LocalSettings.php ( near
the end of the file ) :

require_once("extensions/inputbox.php");

Download link : http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/
extensions/inputbox/inputbox.php
Référence : http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Inputbox

Best Regards