Pledge of personal commitment

Jan-Bart de Vreede
As required per the conflict of interest policy of the Wikimedia
Foundation, I am hereby posting the pledge of personal commitment to
foundation-l

WIKIMEDIA FOUNDATION INC.

PLEDGE OF PERSONAL COMMITMENT

As a member of the board of trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, I,
Jan-Bart de Vreede, am committed to Wikimedia Foundation's goal to establish
and maintain the highest level of public confidence in its
accountability. I have personally committed to follow the standards
set out below, which represent the Wikimedia Foundation's conflict of
interest policies:

I will conduct my activities with the board of trustees of Wikimedia
Foundation so that I do not advance or protect my own interests, or
the private interests of others with whom I have a relationship, in a
way that is detrimental to the interests of, or to the fundamental
mission of, Wikimedia Foundation.

In every instance in which I represent the Wikimedia Foundation, I
will conduct my activities in a manner to best promote the interests
of Wikimedia Foundation.

In all matters that come before the board of trustees for a vote that
may favorably impact my own financial interests, or the private
interests of others with whom I have a financial relationship, or any
organization of which I am a part, I will reveal that relationship and
abstain from a vote in the matter.

When a conflict of interest arises, or when a potential conflict of
interest emerges, I will promptly disclose that conflict, or potential
conflict, to the Executive Director of Wikimedia Foundation and to the
Chairman of its board of trustees and seek a resolution of that issue.

Entered into on this the 17th day of December, 2006.

Jan-Bart de Vreede
Member, Board of Trustees
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

--

I am actively involved in the Wikimedia Foundation.

You can give the gift of knowledge by donating to Wikipedia!
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising>

Re: Pledge of personal commitment

Florence Devouard-3
Jan-Bart de Vreede wrote:

> As required per the conflict of interest policy of the Wikimedia
> Foundation, I am hereby posting the pledge of personal commitment to
> foundation-l
>
> WIKIMEDIA FOUNDATION INC.
>
> PLEDGE OF PERSONAL COMMITMENT
>
> As a member of the board of trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, I,
> Jan-Bart de Vreede, am committed to Wikimedia Foundation's goal to establish
> and maintain the highest level of public confidence in its
> accountability. I have personally committed to follow the standards
> set out below, which represent the Wikimedia Foundation's conflict of
> interest policies:
>
> I will conduct my activities with the board of trustees of Wikimedia
> Foundation so that I do not advance or protect my own interests, or
> the private interests of others with whom I have a relationship, in a
> way that is detrimental to the interests of, or to the fundamental
> mission of, Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> In every instance in which I represent the Wikimedia Foundation, I
> will conduct my activities in a manner to best promote the interests
> of Wikimedia Foundation.
>
> In all matters that come before the board of trustees for a vote that
> may favorably impact my own financial interests, or the private
> interests of others with whom I have a financial relationship, or any
> organization of which I am a part, I will reveal that relationship and
> abstain from a vote in the matter.
>
> When a conflict of interest arises, or when a potential conflict of
> interest emerges, I will promptly disclose that conflict, or potential
> conflict, to the Executive Director of Wikimedia Foundation and to the
> Chairman of its board of trustees and seek a resolution of that issue.

Chairwoman, grumble, grumble, grumble.

> Entered into on this the 17th day of December, 2006.
>
> Jan-Bart de Vreede
> Member, Board of Trustees
> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

Re: Pledge of personal commitment

David Gerard-2
On 17/12/06, Anthere <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Chairwoman, grumble, grumble, grumble.

I move that the WMF Chair henceforth be titled "The Jimbo", as befits
non-profit royalty. Thus: your name is now Jimbo Anthere.

- d.

Re: Pledge of personal commitment

James Hare
Or we could make "man" a gender-neutral term.

David Gerard wrote:

> On 17/12/06, Anthere <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Chairwoman, grumble, grumble, grumble.
>

> I move that the WMF Chair henceforth be titled "The Jimbo", as befits
> non-profit royalty. Thus: your name is now Jimbo Anthere.
>

> - d.

Quelle horreur !

Re: Pledge of personal commitment

Erica Flynn
On 12/17/06, James Hare <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Or we could make "man" a gender-neutral term.

No. I would entertain "Chairperson", or simply "Chair", as well as
"Chairwoman" or "Chairman" as appropriate.

Erica

> > On 17/12/06, Anthere <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Chairwoman, grumble, grumble, grumble.

Re: Pledge of personal commitment

Brad Patrick
Ms. Devouard has made it clear she prefers to be referred to as "Chair",
period.  I for one do what she asks in that regard.