Politician pin ups – open-licensed pictures, please

Politician pin ups – open-licensed pictures, please

Andy Mabbett-2
Folks,

If you have contacts in local government, the civil service, other
public bodies (police, NHS trusts, universities, etc) or political
parties, please bring this appeal for open-licenced images of elected
members. senior staff to their attention:

    http://pigsonthewing.org.uk/politician-open-licenced-pictures-please/

I've already had some very positive responses and promises of images
with open licences.

The post has already been translated and republished in Finland; other
such reuse is welcome, under CC-By-SA 3.0

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Politician pin ups – open-licensed pictures, please

Richard Symonds-3
Andy,

Can i just say: Wow. I love the shots from the police helicopter!

Richard

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks,

If you have contacts in local government, the civil service, other
public bodies (police, NHS trusts, universities, etc) or political
parties, please bring this appeal for open-licenced images of elected
members. senior staff to their attention:

   http://pigsonthewing.org.uk/politician-open-licenced-pictures-please/

I've already had some very positive responses and promises of images
with open licences.

The post has already been translated and republished in Finland; other
such reuse is welcome, under CC-By-SA 3.0

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: Politician pin ups – open-licensed pictures, please

Andy Mabbett-2
Yes; I'm trying to work out how to talk my way into a joyride!

Several of the pics are of Wikipedia already - we need to talk to
other police forces about whether they have similar.

On 15 February 2012 13:30, Richard Symonds
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andy,
>
> Can i just say: Wow. I love the shots from the police helicopter!
>
> Richard
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> If you have contacts in local government, the civil service, other
>> public bodies (police, NHS trusts, universities, etc) or political
>> parties, please bring this appeal for open-licenced images of elected
>> members. senior staff to their attention:
>>
>>    http://pigsonthewing.org.uk/politician-open-licenced-pictures-please/
>>
>> I've already had some very positive responses and promises of images
>> with open licences.
>>
>> The post has already been translated and republished in Finland; other
>> such reuse is welcome, under CC-By-SA 3.0
>>
>> --
>> Andy Mabbett
>> @pigsonthewing
>> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: Politician pin ups - open-licensed pictures, please

Jon Davies
Brilliant work Andy. I suspect they just needed asking and had not
even thought about it. Carpe diem etc.

Quoting Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>:

> Yes; I'm trying to work out how to talk my way into a joyride!
>
> Several of the pics are of Wikipedia already - we need to talk to
> other police forces about whether they have similar.
>
> On 15 February 2012 13:30, Richard Symonds
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Andy,
>>
>> Can i just say: Wow. I love the shots from the police helicopter!
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> If you have contacts in local government, the civil service, other
>>> public bodies (police, NHS trusts, universities, etc) or political
>>> parties, please bring this appeal for open-licenced images of elected
>>> members. senior staff to their attention:
>>>
>>>    http://pigsonthewing.org.uk/politician-open-licenced-pictures-please/
>>>
>>> I've already had some very positive responses and promises of images
>>> with open licences.
>>>
>>> The post has already been translated and republished in Finland; other
>>> such reuse is welcome, under CC-By-SA 3.0
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andy Mabbett
>>> @pigsonthewing
>>> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK.  07976 935 986
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House,  56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who
operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent
non-profit organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor
responsibility for its contents.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk