Posting the same data once and displaying it on multiple pages

Posting the same data once and displaying it on multiple pages

Farrell, Rob (contractor)
Hi there,

We have a requirement to show (the same) matrices of data on multiple
pages.  Is it possible to create some tables in the MySQL back end and
then add a tag in PHP to run some SQL to display that data on pages?  If
so how?

Thanks,

Will accept direct mails.

Bob

Re: Posting the same data once and displaying it on multiple pages

Rick DeNatale
On 4/7/06, Farrell, Bob (SRI) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We have a requirement to show (the same) matrices of data on multiple
> pages.  Is it possible to create some tables in the MySQL back end and
> then add a tag in PHP to run some SQL to display that data on pages?  If
> so how?

A far easier way would be to put the tables in one or more templates
and include the templates where necessary. Something like:

Template:Foo table
  contents of foo table goes in this article

Then

Article1
  {{Foo table}}

For an example of this on my wiki see:
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/wiki/Atlas_109-D

I use this technique to get the list of related articles in the upper
right corner.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site