Pre-populate articles with some content?

Pre-populate articles with some content?

David Kurtz-5
Hello. This is my first post to the list.

I've been looking for a way to pre-populate normal wiki articles with
a template (specifically, I want all user-created articles to include
the Digg extension, using the <digg /> tag). How would I go about
doing that?

I don't want things like special pages and help pages to have the
digg code, which is why I'm not just hard-coding it into my custom
template.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Pre-populate articles with some content?

Dave Sigafoos
You could use Boilerplate_Selection which allows you to define physical
templates which are used according to the name of the article you are
creating.  There is also a default template called 'Boilerplate' which
is used for all articles which do not have a matching name.

This allows you to create a set of pages to be used over and over

DSig .. Just Chillin'

Re: Pre-populate articles with some content?

Fred Bauder-2
Could you give us a clue on what Boilerplate_Selection is and where to
find it.?

Fred

> You could use Boilerplate_Selection which allows you to define physical
> templates which are used according to the name of the article you are
> creating.  There is also a default template called 'Boilerplate' which
> is used for all articles which do not have a matching name.
>
> This allows you to create a set of pages to be used over and over
>
> DSig .. Just Chillin'

It is an Extension in the Extensions section of MediaWiki

Located here ..
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:BoilerplateSelection

And I fat figered it .. no _ in the name

DSig .. Just Chillin'