Preconference - WikiCon North America

Pharos-3
Hi Wikimaniacs,

We'd like to invite folks to submit presentation for WikiConference North America, which is part of the preconference in Montreal:

Presentations do not have to be North America focused, though it would be good to express themes in a way that is relevant to the audience.

And we'd like to invite you to join the discounted Wiki-train from New York City to Montreal (and back):

And we're also asking for those who'd like to volunteer to help with WikiConference North America:

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

Re: Preconference - WikiCon North America

Lodewijk
Hey Richard,

Perhaps I could turn the question around for you too - what are topics that you'd really like to be covered here? After all, we have a full Wikimania right after it, so you have perhaps some gaps in mind that could be filled? That could be especially helpful for those that do not want to impose themselves, but do have expertise they could share, if wanted.

Best,
Lodewijk

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Pharos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Wikimaniacs,

We'd like to invite folks to submit presentation for WikiConference North America, which is part of the preconference in Montreal:

Presentations do not have to be North America focused, though it would be good to express themes in a way that is relevant to the audience.

And we'd like to invite you to join the discounted Wiki-train from New York City to Montreal (and back):

And we're also asking for those who'd like to volunteer to help with WikiConference North America:

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

Re: Preconference - WikiCon North America

Pharos-3
A couple of topics would I think be especially valued:

* Engagement of indigenous, minority and underrepresented communities.
* Models of local, regional and international cooperation.

But the main thing is any sharing of e.g. European or Asian or Latin American activities of any kind that could be applied to North America as well.

Thanks,
Richard