Preparing translations for the next major release of Semantic MediaWiki

Preparing translations for the next major release of Semantic MediaWiki

kghbln
Heiya,

we are now approaching the 2.5 release of Semantic MediaWiki which will
bring more cool features and improvements. Thus it will be good to have
a look and check if the translations for the system messages [0] are
complete and up to date for your language.

I think that there is e.g. a big Catalan, Dutch, Greek, Italian,
Portuguese, Russian and Spanish community out there. All these languages
and many others need some love. The ratio of completed translations is
indeed rather scary for some of them (below 80%). You may want to change
this and add new translations via translatewiki.net [1]. This is pretty
easy going I believe. Note that translation for regular system messages
can only be done there.

Moreover version 2.5 moved the translatable strings for special
properties, datatypes, namespaces and date formats from php to json
files. See "en.json" [2] as an example on what this is about and how
these files are structured. If the file for your language is not yet
available or if you found untranslated stings in the file for your
language then you may want to create a pull request at GitHub [4]. This
needs a bit more effort. Note that this is another process than the one
for regular system messages described above.

Thanks a lot for your attention and help!

Cheers Karsten

[0]
https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special%3AMessageGroupStats&x=D&group=mwgithub-semanticmediawiki&suppressempty=1#sortable:2=desc
[1] https://translatewiki.net/
[2]
https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/blob/master/i18n/extra/en.json
[3]
https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/tree/master/i18n/extra
[4] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki

Preparing translations for the imminent 2.5.0 release of Semantic MediaWiki / kind reminder

kghbln
Heiya,

there is still a little time to do your translations. This is a kind
reminder if you would like to see Semantic MediaWiki working a language
you know.

Thanks and cheers

Karsten