Prevent external linking

Chris Earle (CBL)
Hey all,

I want to prevent external links from being created in my wiki -- so I want
to turn off the parser's creation of external links from text like
'http://....', and I suppose turn off stuff within  [...]

Is there a way I can do this without modifying includes/Linker.php (>1.5)?
I don't really mind doing that, but you know, would be nice if there was a
$wg config variable or something....

Thanks for any suggestions

--
Chris Earle

Re: Prevent external linking

Jimmy Collins-3
Hi Chris,

maybe you can use wgUrlProperties:

$wgUrlProtocols = array(
        'http://',
        'https://',
        'ftp://',
        'irc://',
        'gopher://',
        'telnet://', // Well if we're going to support the above.. -ævar
        'nntp://', // @bug 3808 RFC 1738
        'worldwind://',
        'mailto:',
        'news:'
);

Remove http/https and try... :-)

Cheers,
Jimmy

Ha, c00l

At least I've got a few options then......

editting Linker.php (function 'makeExternalLink') is the code edit option

Thanks for the input