Problem: URL index.php

Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela
I got this strange error, we started using Apache Virtual Domains, then
our wiki started to add double index.php to the links URL's, the strange
thing is that logged users does get the link right.

Our Wiki:
http://wikitec.itnogales.edu.mx

What we get:
A1sicas

Double index.php, I checked already the LocalSettings configuration and
wgScript and wgScriptPath has nothing strange.

>From LocalSettings.php :

$wgScriptPath       = "";
$wgScript           = "$wgScriptPath/index.php";
$wgRedirectScript   = "$wgScriptPath/redirect.php";

## If using PHP as a CGI module, use the ugly URLs
$wgArticlePath      = "$wgScript/$1";

Any ideas about it?

Thanks!, mediawiki is a cool piece of software that we use :)

Re: Problem: URL index.php

Rob Church
Browsing that wiki and checking various links, it appears that they're
pointing to the right place, so whatever was wrong is not so any more.

Rob Church

On 09/03/06, Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got this strange error, we started using Apache Virtual Domains, then
> our wiki started to add double index.php to the links URL's, the strange
> thing is that logged users does get the link right.
>
> Our Wiki:
> http://wikitec.itnogales.edu.mx
>
> What we get:
> A1sicas
>
> Double index.php, I checked already the LocalSettings configuration and
> wgScript and wgScriptPath has nothing strange.
>
> >From LocalSettings.php :
>
> $wgScriptPath       = "";
> $wgScript           = "$wgScriptPath/index.php";
> $wgRedirectScript   = "$wgScriptPath/redirect.php";
>
> ## If using PHP as a CGI module, use the ugly URLs
> $wgArticlePath      = "$wgScript/$1";
>
> Any ideas about it?
>
> Thanks!, mediawiki is a cool piece of software that we use :)

forcing PAGENAMEE result to be lowercase

Leandro Reis
Hi all,

Is there a way to make the value returned by PAGENAMEE be forced to
lowercase ? My articles all start with an uppercase letter, but in some
cases I want to link to a glossary-like external site that uses those names
in lower case. There's no redirection happening on the external site.

This is what I have:

In an template:

== article link at external site ==
http://<external site address>/{{{article_name}}}.htm

In an article:

{{template|
| article_name = {{PAGENAMEE}}
}}

Thanks,
Leandro

Re: forcing PAGENAMEE result to be lowercase

Rob Church
Use {{LC:{{PAGENAME}}}}

Rob Church

On 09/03/06, Leandro Reis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to make the value returned by PAGENAMEE be forced to
> lowercase ? My articles all start with an uppercase letter, but in some
> cases I want to link to a glossary-like external site that uses those names
> in lower case. There's no redirection happening on the external site.
>
> This is what I have:
>
> In an template:
>
> == article link at external site ==
> http://<external site address>/{{{article_name}}}.htm
>
> In an article:
>
> {{template|
> | article_name = {{PAGENAMEE}}
> }}
>

> Thanks,
> Leandro

Re: forcing PAGENAMEE result to be lowercase

Leandro Reis
Now I get "Template:LC:Test"  (the page name is Test). Why does it think
it's a template?

Tx
Leandro

>From: "Rob Church" <[hidden email]>
>To: "MediaWiki announcements and site admin list"
><[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] forcing PAGENAMEE result to be lowercase
>Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:05:38 +0000
>
>Use {{LC:{{PAGENAME}}}}
>

>Rob Church
>
>On 09/03/06, Leandro Reis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there a way to make the value returned by PAGENAMEE be forced to
> > lowercase ? My articles all start with an uppercase letter, but in some
> > cases I want to link to a glossary-like external site that uses those
>names
> > in lower case. There's no redirection happening on the external site.
> >
> > This is what I have:
> >
> > In an template:
> >
> > == article link at external site ==
> > http://<external site address>/{{{article_name}}}.htm
> >
> > In an article:
> >
> > {{template|
> > | article_name = {{PAGENAMEE}}
> > }}
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Leandro

Re: forcing PAGENAMEE result to be lowercase

Rob Church
You're using a version of MediaWiki which doesn't contain the "uc" and
"lc" variables.

Rob Church

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 3/10/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You're using a version of MediaWiki which doesn't contain the "uc" and
> "lc" variables.

I'm also interested in this problem.  By your {{LC:{{PAGENAME}}}}
example, I assume you mean the uc and lc _templates_.

I looked at en.wikipedia.org, but that didn't look like the right
place for these templates.

Re: forcing PAGENAMEE result to be lowercase

Rob Church
No, MediaWiki contains a built-in set of variables, e.g. {{PAGENAME}}.
Those aren't templates at all.

Rob Church

On 10/03/06, Sy Ali <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/10/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > You're using a version of MediaWiki which doesn't contain the "uc" and
> > "lc" variables.
>
> I'm also interested in this problem.  By your {{LC:{{PAGENAME}}}}
> example, I assume you mean the uc and lc _templates_.
>
> I looked at en.wikipedia.org, but that didn't look like the right
> place for these templates.

Re: forcing PAGENAMEE result to be lowercase

Leandro Reis
I have version 1.5.5. It looks like these became available after version
1.5, so it must be something else...

Leandro

>From: "Rob Church" <[hidden email]>
>To: "MediaWiki announcements and site admin list"
><[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] forcing PAGENAMEE result to be lowercase
>Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:40:38 +0000
>
>You're using a version of MediaWiki which doesn't contain the "uc" and
>"lc" variables.
>

>Rob Church
>
>On 10/03/06, Leandro Reis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Now I get "Template:LC:Test"  (the page name is Test). Why does it think
> > it's a template?
> >
> > Tx
> > Leandro
> >

> > >From: "Rob Church" <[hidden email]>
> > >To: "MediaWiki announcements and site admin list"
> > ><[hidden email]>
> > >Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] forcing PAGENAMEE result to be lowercase
> > >Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:05:38 +0000
> > >
> > >Use {{LC:{{PAGENAME}}}}
> > >

> > >Rob Church

>some
>those
> > >names
>site.

Re: Problem: URL index.php

El jue, 09-03-2006 a las 07:18 +0000, Rob Church escribió:
> Browsing that wiki and checking various links, it appears that they're
> pointing to the right place, so whatever was wrong is not so any more.
>

> Rob Church

It is still wrong, i did some mod_rewrite magic and works, but that's a
temporal fix, not a solution.

Thanks for looking!