Problem to link smw to virtuoso

ryfa
Hi all,

I installed smw 1.9.2 and I followed the tutorial installation to use virtuoso triple store. But when I save a page with semantic data I get this error

Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type "SMWSparqlDatabaseError"

I'm using this configuration

$smwgDefaultStore = 'SMWSparqlStore';
$smwgSparqlDatabase = 'SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso';                   # using Virtuoso as connector
$smwgSparqlQueryEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql/';          # location of query service
$smwgSparqlUpdateEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql/';         # location of update service
$smwgSparqlDataEndpoint = '';                                        # location of SPARQL over HTTP service
                                                                     # optional value; leave as is in case of problems
$smwgSparqlDefaultGraph = 'http://localhost:8890/dataspace/';   # name of default graph

___
Best Regards,
Ryfa.

Re: Problem to link smw to virtuoso

Schneider, Martin
Hi,

I have no experience with Virtuoso, I use Fuseki.

Nonetheless the following might help:
I have no "/" behind the endpoints.

You could try
$smwgSparqlQueryEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql';
$smwgSparqlUpdateEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql';

Best regards,
Martin

Re: Problem to link smw to virtuoso

ryfa
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer, but the problem is still here

__
Best Regards,
Ryfa

Re: Problem to link smw to virtuoso

Phil Legault
I have not been able to get virtuoso to work yet.
I'm trying to use it on Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.2 as well

I get the following error

Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type "SMWSparqlDatabaseError"
[4e47fe98] [no req]   Exception from line 590 of /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabase.php: A SPARQL query error has occurred
Query: PREFIX wiki: <http://localhost:8890/mw/index.php/Special:URIResolver/>
PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
PREFIX swivt: <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/swivt/1.0#>
PREFIX property: <http://localhost:8890/mw/index.php/Special:URIResolver/Property-3A>
PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
DELETE{ ?s ?p ?o } WHERE { ?s ?p ?o }
Error: Malformed query
Endpoint: http://localhost:8890/sparql
HTTP response code: 400

Backtrace:
#0 /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabaseVirtuoso.php(151): SMWSparqlDatabase->throwSparqlErrors(string, string)
#1 /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabaseVirtuoso.php(63): SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso->doUpdate(string)
#2 /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/storage/SMW_SparqlStore.php(448): SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso->delete(string, string)
#3 /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/src/Store/Maintenance/DataRebuilder.php(239): SMWSparqlStore->drop(boolean)
#4 /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/src/Store/Maintenance/DataRebuilder.php(127): SMW\Store\Maintenance\DataRebuilder->performFullDelete()
#5 /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/maintenance/rebuildData.php(113): SMW\Store\Maintenance\DataRebuilder->rebuild()
#6 /var/www/mw/maintenance/doMaintenance.php(113): SMW\Maintenance\RebuildData->execute()
#7 /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/maintenance/rebuildData.php(133): require_once(string)
#8 {main}

Martin,

I'm also interested in trying Fuseki.
Would you happen to have a link to the installation instructions?

I have no experience with Virtuoso, I use Fuseki.

Nonetheless the following might help:
I have no "/" behind the endpoints.

You could try
$smwgSparqlQueryEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql'; $smwgSparqlUpdateEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql';

Best regards,
Martin

Re: Problem to link smw to virtuoso

James HK
Hi,

> Error: Malformed query
> Endpoint: http://localhost:8890/sparql
> HTTP response code: 400

In your case the response code 400 (Malformed query) is a clear
indication of Virtuoso being unable to understand the query that was
send from SMW and SMW is responding with a "SMWSparqlDatabaseError" to
cancel any further processing.

As to why Virtuoso can't understand the request needs to be understand
independently from SMW. You have the query that is sent to Virtuoso
therefore you should be able to use this information directly with
Virtuoso.

Cheers

On 5/28/14, Legault, Phillip [ITSUS] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have not been able to get virtuoso to work yet.
> I'm trying to use it on Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.2 as well
>
> I get the following error
>
> Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type
> "SMWSparqlDatabaseError"
> [4e47fe98] [no req]   Exception from line 590 of
> /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabase.php:
> A SPARQL query error has occurred
> Query: PREFIX wiki:
> <http://localhost:8890/mw/index.php/Special:URIResolver/>
> PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
> PREFIX rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
> PREFIX owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
> PREFIX swivt: <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/swivt/1.0#>
> PREFIX property:
> <http://localhost:8890/mw/index.php/Special:URIResolver/Property-3A>
> PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
> DELETE{ ?s ?p ?o } WHERE { ?s ?p ?o }
> Error: Malformed query
> Endpoint: http://localhost:8890/sparql
> HTTP response code: 400
>
> Backtrace:
> /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabaseVirtuoso.php(151):
> SMWSparqlDatabase->throwSparqlErrors(string, string)
> /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabaseVirtuoso.php(63):
> SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso->doUpdate(string)
> /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/storage/SMW_SparqlStore.php(448):
> SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso->delete(string, string)
> /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/src/Store/Maintenance/DataRebuilder.php(239):
> SMWSparqlStore->drop(boolean)
> /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/src/Store/Maintenance/DataRebuilder.php(127):
> SMW\Store\Maintenance\DataRebuilder->performFullDelete()
> /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/maintenance/rebuildData.php(113):
> SMW\Store\Maintenance\DataRebuilder->rebuild()
> #6 /var/www/mw/maintenance/doMaintenance.php(113):
> SMW\Maintenance\RebuildData->execute()
> /var/www/mw/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/maintenance/rebuildData.php(133):
> require_once(string)
> #8 {main}
>

> Martin,
>
> I'm also interested in trying Fuseki.
> Would you happen to have a link to the installation instructions?

This error does not contain much information as to why Virtuoso is
unable to understand the request. You should use the [0] settings to
broaden the information output in case of a failure in order to allow
for a more fine-grained analysis of the issue.

[0] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Stack_trace

Cheers

On 5/26/14, ryfa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed smw 1.9.2 and I followed the tutorial installation to use
> virtuoso triple store. But when I save a page with semantic data I get this
> error
>
> Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type
> "SMWSparqlDatabaseError"
>
> I'm using this configuration
>
> $smwgDefaultStore = 'SMWSparqlStore';
> $smwgSparqlDatabase = 'SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso';                   #
> using
> Virtuoso as connector
> $smwgSparqlQueryEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql/';          #
> location of query service
> $smwgSparqlUpdateEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql/';         #
> location of update service
> $smwgSparqlDataEndpoint = '';                                        #
> location of SPARQL over HTTP service
>                                                                      #
> optional value; leave as is in case of problems
> $smwgSparqlDefaultGraph = 'http://localhost:8890/dataspace/';   # name of
> default graph
>
> ___
> Best Regards,
> Ryfa.

Information about Fuseki (AW: Problem to link smw to virtuoso)

Schneider, Martin
Hello,

I can't say anything about the error with Virtuoso, so I have deleted that part.

About Fuseki:
I'm using Version 1.0.0. This can be downloaded at:
http://jena.apache.org/download/index.cgi
(Now newer version available: 1.0.1)

look for "Jena Fuseki".

The documentation is at
http://jena.apache.org/documentation/serving_data/

I think that this suffices as starting point.

One simply needs Java for running Fuseki.

In the beginning I tried to run the examples.
For these, you need Ruby.
For Windows, you have to install Ruby and run the scripts with "ruby" in front of them,
e.g.:
ruby s-put http://localhost:3030/ds/data default books.ttl

Finally, I succeeded in running SMW with Fuseki as triplestore and I am also able to query fuseki simultaneously from a java program.

If further questions arise I'll try to help. But I'm not an expert in Fuseki, just a beginner.

Best regards,
Martin

Re: Problem to link smw to virtuoso

Phil Legault
I added the settings to the LocalSettings and I receive the same error using rebuildData.php.

I don't believe that it is actually writing to Virtuoso

I use the same Query I'm currently using for 4store in Semantic MediaWiki 1.8.0.5

> Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type
> "SMWSparqlDatabaseError"

This error does not contain much information as to why Virtuoso is unable to understand the request. You should use the [0] settings to broaden the information output in case of a failure in order to allow for a more fine-grained analysis of the issue.

[0] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Stack_trace

Cheers

On 5/26/14, ryfa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed smw 1.9.2 and I followed the tutorial installation to use
> virtuoso triple store. But when I save a page with semantic data I get
> this error
>
> Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type
> "SMWSparqlDatabaseError"
>
> I'm using this configuration
>
> $smwgDefaultStore = 'SMWSparqlStore';
> $smwgSparqlDatabase = 'SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso';                   #
> using
> Virtuoso as connector
> $smwgSparqlQueryEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql/';          #
> location of query service
> $smwgSparqlUpdateEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/sparql/';         #
> location of update service
> $smwgSparqlDataEndpoint = '';                                        #
> location of SPARQL over HTTP service
>                                                                      #
> optional value; leave as is in case of problems
> $smwgSparqlDefaultGraph = 'http://localhost:8890/dataspace/';   # name of
> default graph
>
> ___
> Best Regards,
> Ryfa.

> at Nabble.com.

Re: Problem to link smw to virtuoso

ryfa
I added the settings to the LocalSettings.php and I receive the same error but this time I have more information:

Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type "SMWSparqlDatabaseError"
[e68c69f1] /mediawiki/index.php?title=Accueil&action=submit Exception from line 590 of /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabase.php: A SPARQL query error has occurred
Query: PREFIX wiki: <http://localhost:8890/mediawiki/index.php/Sp%C3%A9cial:URIResolver/>
PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
PREFIX swivt: <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/swivt/1.0#>
PREFIX property: <http://localhost:8890/mediawiki/index.php/Sp%C3%A9cial:URIResolver/Attribut-3A>
PREFIX xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
DELETE{ ?s ?p ?o } WHERE { ?s swivt:masterPage wiki:Accueil . ?s ?p ?o }
Error: Malformed query

#0 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabaseVirtuoso.php(151): SMWSparqlDatabase->throwSparqlErrors(string, string)
#1 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabaseVirtuoso.php(63): SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso->doUpdate(string)
#2 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabase.php(371): SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso->delete(string, string, array)
#3 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/storage/SMW_SparqlStore.php(365): SMWSparqlDatabase->deleteContentByValue(string, string, array)
#4 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/storage/SMW_SparqlStore.php(161): SMWSparqlStore->deleteSparqlData(SMWExpNsResource)
#5 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/storage/SMW_Store.php(218): SMWSparqlStore->doDataUpdate(SMW\SemanticData)
#6 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/StoreUpdater.php(174): SMW\Store->updateData(SMW\SemanticData)
#7 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/StoreUpdater.php(138): SMW\StoreUpdater->updateStore(boolean)
#8 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/StoreUpdater.php(97): SMW\StoreUpdater->performUpdate(WikiPage)
#9 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/UpdateObserver.php(67): SMW\StoreUpdater->runUpdater()
#10 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/BaseObserver.php(41): SMW\UpdateObserver->runStoreUpdater(SMW\ParserData)
#11 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/ObservableSubject.php(117): SMW\BaseObserver->update(SMW\ObservableSubjectDispatcher)
#12 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/ObservableSubject.php(96): SMW\ObservableSubject->notify()
#13 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/ParserData.php(229): SMW\ObservableSubject->setState(string)
#14 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/hooks/LinksUpdateConstructed.php(50): SMW\ParserData->updateStore()
#15 /var/www/mediawiki/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/Setup.php(416): SMW\LinksUpdateConstructed->process()
#16 [internal function]: SMW\{closure}(LinksUpdate)
#17 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/Hooks.php(199): call_user_func_array(Closure, array)
#18 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(3877): Hooks::run(string, array)
#19 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/LinksUpdate.php(118): wfRunHooks(string, array)
#20 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/parser/ParserOutput.php(496): LinksUpdate->__construct(Title, ParserOutput, boolean)
#21 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/content/AbstractContent.php(242): ParserOutput->getSecondaryDataUpdates(Title, boolean)
#22 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/WikiPage.php(2097): AbstractContent->getSecondaryDataUpdates(Title, NULL, boolean, ParserOutput)
#23 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/WikiPage.php(1845): WikiPage->doEditUpdates(Revision, User, array)
#24 [internal function]: WikiPage->doEditContent(WikitextContent, string, integer, boolean, NULL, string)
#25 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/Article.php(2028): call_user_func_array(array, array)
#26 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/EditPage.php(1772): Article->__call(string, array)
#27 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/EditPage.php(1772): Article->doEditContent(WikitextContent, string, integer, boolean, NULL, string)
#28 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/EditPage.php(1213): EditPage->internalAttemptSave(array, boolean)
#29 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/EditPage.php(416): EditPage->attemptSave()
#30 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/actions/EditAction.php(50): EditPage->edit()
#31 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/actions/EditAction.php(76): EditAction->show()
#32 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/Wiki.php(448): SubmitAction->show()
#33 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/Wiki.php(312): MediaWiki->performAction(Article, Title)
#34 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/Wiki.php(602): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#35 /var/www/mediawiki/includes/Wiki.php(467): MediaWiki->main()
#36 /var/www/mediawiki/index.php(49): MediaWiki->run()
#37 {main}
Notice: Uncommitted DB writes (transaction from DatabaseBase::query (LCStore_DB::get)). in /var/www/mediawiki/includes/db/Database.php on line 3944

Re: Information about Fuseki (AW: Problem to link smw to virtuoso)

ryfa

I'm trying now to use smw with fuseki

I have installed fuseki and it's working well. But I don't know if the link I done with smw is working because I have some differences with  Martin's instructions
1) I need the slash(/) behind the endpoint otherwise I'll have the same error with virtuoso
2)With my configuration, I get no error when I save a page with semantic data but it seems data are not stored in fuseki because when I try a query in the endpoint I get no result

How I can verify if data are stored in fuseki?

___
Best Regards,
Ryfa

I remarked something. If I change the value of $smwgSparqlUpdateEndpoint by anything except 'http://localhost:8890/sparql/', I don't get an error for instance if I use the following configuration it works:

$smwgSparqlUpdateEndpoint = 'http://localhost:8890/data/';         # location of update service
$smwgSparqlDataEndpoint = '';                          # location of SPARQL over HTTP service
                                                                     # optional value; leave as is in case of problems
$smwgSparqlDefaultGraph = '';   # name of default graph

Does anyone know why?

__
Best regards,
Ryfa