Problem with mediawiki 1.6.5 missing Mail.php

Problem with mediawiki 1.6.5 missing Mail.php

Nimer Yusef
I updated my Mediawiki from 1.5.x to 1.6.5 by new installation via web-interface to the old database. Everything is fine and I updated the Localsettings.php to the one from 1.5.x. Know an error occures, when I want to create a new account via email (same error for every mail action):

Warning: usermailer(Mail.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/wiki/includes/UserMailer.php on line 82

Fatal error: usermailer(): Failed opening required 'Mail.php' (include_path='/var/www/wiki:/var/www/wiki/includes:/var/www/wiki/languages') in /var/www/wiki/includes/UserMailer.php on line 82

in /var/www/wiki/includes/UserMailer.php on line 82 the script tries to include Mail.php, but there is no file within mediawiki 1.6.5 (or I'm stupid).

Anybody an idea?

Kind regards from Berlin,
  Nimer
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

Re: Problem with mediawiki 1.6.5 missing Mail.php

Rob Church
On 18/05/06, Nimer Yusef <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I updated my Mediawiki from 1.5.x to 1.6.5 by new installation via web-interface to the old database. Everything is fine and I updated the Localsettings.php to the one from 1.5.x. Know an error occures, when I want to create a new account via email (same error for every mail action):

> Warning: usermailer(Mail.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/wiki/includes/UserMailer.php on line 82
>
> Fatal error: usermailer(): Failed opening required 'Mail.php' (include_path='/var/www/wiki:/var/www/wiki/includes:/var/www/wiki/languages') in /var/www/wiki/includes/UserMailer.php on line 82
>
> in /var/www/wiki/includes/UserMailer.php on line 82 the script tries to include Mail.php, but there is no file within mediawiki 1.6.5 (or I'm stupid).
>
> Anybody an idea?

Using the PEAR::Smtp libraries and have dropped PEAR from the include
path, perchance?

Rob Church

Re: Problem with mediawiki 1.6.5 missing Mail.php

Nimer Yusef
Hello,

> > in /var/www/wiki/includes/UserMailer.php on line 82 the script tries to
> include Mail.php, but there is no file within mediawiki 1.6.5 (or I'm
> stupid).
> >
> > Anybody an idea?
>
> Using the PEAR::Smtp libraries and have dropped PEAR from the include
> path, perchance?

Yes! I'm using PEAR::Smtp but, why was it not necessary in the 1.5.x?
Does this mean "$path" in Localsettings has to be updated to the PEAR Files? Like "/usr/share/php/"?

Thanks for the help!

Nimer
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

Re: Problem with mediawiki 1.6.5 missing Mail.php

Brion Vibber
Nimer Yusef wrote:
>> Using the PEAR::Smtp libraries and have dropped PEAR from the include
>> path, perchance?
>
> Yes! I'm using PEAR::Smtp but, why was it not necessary in the 1.5.x?

It's exactly the same as in 1.5.x.

> Does this mean "$path" in Localsettings has to be updated to the PEAR Files? Like "/usr/share/php/"?

It always did.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)