Problem with reCaptcha extension: Additional tag in HTML source

Problem with reCaptcha extension: Additional tag in HTML source

Paul Fels
Hi,

due to repeating spam attacks against my wiki I tried the reCaptcha extension.
Somehow, the extension screws up the HTML source of the pages.
Now,
the source of each page from my wiki begins with </pre>,
followed by the DOCTYPE definition and the rest of the page.

Most
browsers ignore that tag, however, the RSS feed don't work anymore,
since the XML cannot be interpreted correctly if this tag is at the
begin of the feed.

I've tried to update the underlying ConfirmEdit extension, but with no success,the problem still persists.
MW is version 1.15.1, the reCaptcha Plugin is version 1.7

Any hints?
Paul

      New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!

Re: Problem with reCaptcha extension: Additional tag in HTML source

Matthias Korn-5
It might not be reCaptcha causing the problem. Have you checked your
LocalSettings.php if you have accidentally inserted something there?

Best,
matsch

Am Tue, 1 Sep 2009 07:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb Paul Fels <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> due to repeating spam attacks against my wiki I tried the reCaptcha
> extension. Somehow, the extension screws up the HTML source of the
> pages. Now,
> the source of each page from my wiki begins with </pre>,
> followed by the DOCTYPE definition and the rest of the page.
>
> Most
> browsers ignore that tag, however, the RSS feed don't work anymore,
> since the XML cannot be interpreted correctly if this tag is at the
> begin of the feed.
>
> I've tried to update the underlying ConfirmEdit extension, but with
> no success,the problem still persists. MW is version 1.15.1, the
> reCaptcha Plugin is version 1.7
>
> Any hints?
> Paul
>

>       New Email names for you!
> Get the Email name you&#39;ve always wanted on the new @ymail and
> @rocketmail. Hurry before someone else does!
> http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/sg/

Rock in China
http://wiki.rockinchina.com/
http://www.rockinchina.com/

Re: Problem with reCaptcha extension: Additional tag in HTML source

Platonides
Matthias Korn wrote:
> It might not be reCaptcha causing the problem. Have you checked your
> LocalSettings.php if you have accidentally inserted something there?
>
> Best,
> matsch

Or at the recaptcha extension files.
Look for </pre> in the files above the <?php or below ?> in the files
which contain it.

Platonides wrote:
> Or at the recaptcha extension files.
> Look for </pre> in the files above the <?php or below ?> in the files
> which contain it.

thanks for your hints. The command
for i in `ls`; do grep -nH "</pre>" $i; done;
revealed, that I accidentally pasted the </pre> into the file ReCaptcha.i18n.php
when adding some translations.

Paul

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!

Re: Problem with reCaptcha extension: Additional tag in HTML source

Nikola Smolenski
Paul Fels wrote:

>> Matthias Korn wrote:
>>> It might not be reCaptcha causing the problem. Have you checked your
>>> LocalSettings.php if you have accidentally inserted something there?
>
> Platonides wrote:
>> Or at the recaptcha extension files.
>> Look for </pre> in the files above the <?php or below ?> in the files
>> which contain it.
>
> thanks for your hints. The command
> for i in `ls`; do grep -nH "</pre>" $i; done;
> revealed, that I accidentally pasted the </pre> into the file ReCaptcha.i18n.php
> when adding some translations.

What's difference between that line and

grep -nH "</pre>" *

?

Re: Problem with reCaptcha extension: Additional tag in HTML source

Paul Fels

>> for i in `ls`; do grep -nH "</pre>" $i; done;

>What's difference between that line and
>grep -nH "</pre>" *

your version is shorter :-)

      Get your preferred Email name!